PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB-To login click login above username box

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Pens Offseason  (Read 4652 times)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: Pens Offseason
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 07:36:13 PM »

Jarry dressed as the back up to Zatkoff, but didn't get in a game.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 09:43:23 PM »

So Fleury and Murray are only 2 goalies back that played last season, correct?  One of them is going to be gone at some point, so no wonder Pens drafted a young goalie.

Yes, those 2 are the only ones left who played last season. It's only July and I am really looking forward to next season for the Pens. I got my season ticket holder invite to see the cup at Consol next Friday. I am stoked. Phil Bourque brought the cup to the Elks back in 2009. I'm hoping he will bring it again

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 05:41:07 AM »

Islanders and Rangers ramped up their speed game. I think Tampa Bay and the Penguins right now look to be the favorites in the East. More teams going for speed so we might have an up tempo, lot of shots and scoring season for the NHL. Fingers crossed. Looks like the Sabres really went out and are going to make a run at a playoff run. Let's see what Bylsma does with his players

Matt Cullen and Justin Schultz remain unsigned. If the pens have the room under the cap, they both could come back but I don't see it happening. Pens were 1.5million over before free agency started and losing Lovejoy and Zatkoff helped, but I don't think it's enough. Be nice to see them try to move move Fehr and possibly Kunitz

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 09:19:35 PM »

Pens goalie Fillip Gustavsson looked really good in developmental camp this week. Looks very big in the net and has great reflexes. Once he adapts to a North American style of play he is going to be good. I can see why the Pens think they got a steal with this pick in the 2nd round

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 05:16:52 PM »

An interesting tidbit from Madden's column in the BC Times today:

He can be sneaky smart, too. Before free agency hit, Rutherford offered defenseman Justin Schultzís negotiating rights to a plethora of teams, asking for a mere seventh-round pick in return. When no team was remotely interested, Rutherford gauged that Schultz might return to Pittsburgh cheaply after the initial wave of free agency.

That might yet happen. Schultz still hasnít signed with another club. But, even if he does, Rutherford played it exactly right.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 07:30:53 PM »

An interesting tidbit from Madden's column in the BC Times today:

He can be sneaky smart, too. Before free agency hit, Rutherford offered defenseman Justin Schultzís negotiating rights to a plethora of teams, asking for a mere seventh-round pick in return. When no team was remotely interested, Rutherford gauged that Schultz might return to Pittsburgh cheaply after the initial wave of free agency.

That might yet happen. Schultz still hasnít signed with another club. But, even if he does, Rutherford played it exactly right.

Smart move

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2016, 03:25:50 PM »

Pens signed 25 yr old LW Garrett Wilson (Fla) to a 1 yr 2-way contract.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2016, 10:45:59 PM »

Pens signed 25 yr old LW Garrett Wilson (Fla) to a 1 yr 2-way contract.

Rutherford still adding depth. I like it

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 01:23:53 PM »

According to Sportsnet Canada, Kessel hurt his hand during the 1st rd series vs NYR, played the rest of the playoffs with the injury and is now having surgery to fix whatever is wrong.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2016, 11:29:08 AM »

Pens sign Schultz to a 1 year deal for just over a million dollars.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1768-596 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 02:45:38 PM »

Guess Rutherford played his cards exactly right figuring Schultz would return on a favorable deal rather than repeat his Edm experience somewhere else.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 10:46:26 PM »

Surprising to me that no other team took a chance on Shultz. A right handed shooting defenseman is hard to come by these days and getting him back at 1.4 million is a steal IMO

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2016, 10:41:26 AM »

Semi-Pens related, George McPhee was hired as GM of the new LV NHL team. AFAIK, McPhee does not leave a GM opening behind so very likely Botterill not leaving Pgh for now.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 09:57:52 AM »

I love the Schultz signing also!!!!!

I like Rutherford's approach...go into 2016-2017 with as similar of a core as possible and look into wheeling and dealing if the roster gets stale or if they need cap room. I would imagine that he also wants Cullen back but is going to be patient to see if the Fleury situation changes or if something else happens in terms of a big trade or a contract restructure for one of their stars.

Good offseason so far!

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 07:54:12 AM »

Pens are having a fan fest August 27th and 28th. Info is on their website and tickets are only 10 bucks. First time that the Penguins are doing something like this
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4