PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Pa. Closing businesses.  (Read 601 times)

RyanHS93

• Varsity
Re: Pa. Closing businesses.
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2020, 09:53:55 AM »

YIG  By all means give me your plan I wont get a check but people need help man  Come on dude your not stupid   This is the problem Democrats have they hear words and make up what they want to  He never said he was opening the economy up  He said he was hoping to  Dr Fauci also said in certain parts of the US that may be possible   I mean so far this seems crazy to me with the actual numbers  The flu killed 12000 so far this flu season

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2020, 11:04:18 AM »

I just 'love' how the Anti-Trumpers take every word he says as gospel and leave out little words to make it seem like it is some great pronouncement.  He said he would like to open things up..not that he WILL. Big difference.  When he tries to be 'positive' they claim he does not know the situation.  What would these folks think of FDR's "Fireside Chats"? Would they prefer nothing but hearing doom and gloom? A lot of people are already on the verge of taking a bridge jump.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2020, 11:14:56 AM »

They just want Trump not to be president at any cost. Iím not sure he took this seriously and I will probably skip this election. But the derangement syndrome is like nothing Iíve ever seen. Other than how Penguins fans treat Matt Murray lol.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2020, 11:23:24 AM »

They just want Trump not to be president at any cost. Iím not sure he took this seriously and I will probably skip this election. But the derangement syndrome is like nothing Iíve ever seen. Other than how Penguins fans treat Matt Murray lol.

Couldnít agree more and to post on here (not you BT) that the media has saved more lives is laughable as all they spew is gloom and doom and how bad Trump is doing and twist every word he says to make sure they can get that gotcha headline. It was posted about me that all you have to do is a quick google search on how wrong I am. Makes me laugh on what Iím seeing posted lately

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2020, 08:54:54 PM »

More than 26 million Americans have gotten sick with the flu so far this season, leading to an estimated 14,000 deaths and 250,000 hospital stays, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2020, 10:13:41 PM »

Ryan make no mistake, left unchecked this would be dramatically worse. Italy has 50% of those deaths in less than a month. They also have less than 25% of our population. So you’d imagine we would get at least that many deaths each month for many months if everything was treated equally. And they’ve used stringent precautions. Left completely unchecked or using flu like precautions we would be looking at deaths in the hundreds of thousands.  I don’t really see any way to argue that.

Let’s say Italy has 10,000 deaths in March, they’ll have more but I’ll use 10,000. They have 20% of our population. We let’s say 50,000 deaths per month. Let’s say it lasted 3 months. That’s 150,000! And Italy has been on a stricter lockdown than us, it just started a week later into their curve.

But there is a middle ground we can move to soon.  I think in the next two or three weeks we will try to discover that. And to me that’s totally acceptable as a strategy.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:18:34 PM by BALDWINTRACK »

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2020, 10:24:21 PM »

Great Post  I agree  The panic though is crazy(media)  Dr Birx actually said this today about the numbers    I always thought we would be good around April 20th  You scolded me on the basketball side but that's when I thought the games could be possibly played or a week of practice first  No fans of course  Positive thinking

I'm just saying 14000 people died from the flu and we have no panic  I have no problem with the steps taken  On the flip side I been out almost everyday and tons of people are out and about including the elderly

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2020, 10:45:13 PM »

I scolded you because this would be really really bad if things didnít change for awhile. We locked down sooner than I expected and itís certainly helping. I want to see the games. I need Butler to prove me right. I think theyíre a lot better than even people around here weíre guving them credit for! Haha.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2020, 11:47:46 PM »

With all the bad news, here's some good stuff.  Middletown School District has Issued I-Pads to all 2,500 students and anyone that already doesn't have internet access, a deal was reached with Comcast to allow them to have free internet as long as school is in.  The school district made the decision that this way, the kids can finish the school year even if they can't physically get back in the schools.  They extended the current marking period 2 weeks to make up for time lost.  You have to love a district that comes up with an innovative way to make sure their kids get an education.  It turned into a pretty easy process as grades 7-12 already get an I-Pad as part of the curriculum.  So they just had to issue grades K through 6.  They already had them in stock as they were going to be issued next school year.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2020, 09:36:00 AM »

Itís good to hear Downriver that there are schools out there with a plan to help the students.

I have heard in my area that school activities has been cancelled through April. Iím waiting to hear what the plan is because Iím not seeing these schools being opened back up this year. So what are these schools going to do with almost 4 months of property tax revenue? Iím hoping that question is asked by someone higher up than me

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2020, 10:29:59 AM »

I lIke the unemployment bonus. It allows businesses to ethically and humanely lay good employees off temporarily for the preservation of the business. This will save businesses and allow good workers to jump back in when the time comes.

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 02:18:07 PM »

If you get the max in PA that's 1170 or so a week  29/hr to stay home lol  People will take full advantage of that     And these poor people working at Walmart  Target ETC are exposed to the virus for $15

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2020, 03:20:51 PM »

Now, is this going to be counted as 'income' and taxed later on. Isn't that what happened with a "bonus" after 9/11?

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2020, 05:12:29 PM »

If you get the max in PA that's 1170 or so a week  29/hr to stay home lol  People will take full advantage of that     And these poor people working at Walmart  Target ETC are exposed to the virus for $15

What else would you suggest? Not enough time to make it based on what you made. Have to make it high enough so people donít quit paying mortgages or other loans. My only critique would be make it one month at a time instead of 4 months to start.

The other option was to do nothing but tell people they donít owe mortgages or rents or whatever. That would have led to banks failing after a few months. 4 months of this is a way better option than 4 months of not paying anything.

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2020, 06:24:24 PM »

They will get the amount the state provides based on income plus 600 a week on top of that   So yea  I think a month or two would be good  My niece is going to school for nursing(almost done)  She works a job she hates  Under this rule she will get 946 dollars a week  More than she makes working  Guess what she told me I'm not going back to work  I will make more to stay home  She has no bills  Her car is paid for lives with her mom and no college debt   Its just crazy to me 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5