PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: NCAA Baseball and Softball has been cancelled for 2020.  (Read 71 times)

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:08:14 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Re: NCAA Baseball and Softball has been cancelled for 2020.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 08:40:04 PM »

Oh...I love college softball so much.   I wonder about the Women's team for the Olympics?  Are the olympics still on?  Softball getting back  in after so many years was a big thing...and Cat Osterman returning to pitch, too.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 09:59:39 PM »

Olympic a are still on for now but I think you’ll see them postponed or cancelled in the next couple of days.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 07:23:54 AM »

Japan is holding out, somehow it hasn't hit them hard despite China and South Korea being nearby. I'm glad because my cousin is stationed there. She has been traveling a bit too so we are all nervous for her. Japan to home to back to Japan in last 6 weeks.

But, I think you will start seeing individual countries or entire regions pulling out soon.

We'll see if the heat really kills the virus, at my work there is a paper written by an American doctor working in Guangdong, China by the time clock and it says 26-27 degrees Celsius(78-82 F) kills the Wuhan Flu(Novel Covid-19) and it hates the sun. I tried uploading a photo of it as an attachment but apparently it's not possible. Sneezing and a runny nose means you DO NOT have it. Starts as sore throat + dry cough. Then it turns into pneumonia, uncontrollable coughing, and you start excreting a mucus that blocks airways. According to that paper anyway which Im not taking as gospel. My employer is trying to stem the tide of people taking off work so somebody in HR could of made it themselves for all I know  ;D. No repercussions for absences during March and people are of course abusing the hell out of it.

Japan spent billions and likely will try to hold out awhile.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 08:02:02 AM by Tiger4Lyfe »

emm8

• All State
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 11:52:30 AM »

Godspeed, and thoughts and prayers for your cousin, first and foremost.

That said, Tom Hanks and his wife are in Australia.  A few weeks ago, when the wildfires were the "news of the day", it was 100+ degrees.  Now, who knows if they're sure they contracted it there, or if they got it prior to entering Australia.  Maybe they had it previously, and the heat will lesson the symptoms?  I haven't read the actual story, or paid any real close attention to the news reports about their particulars.  Just read headlines.  You might want to monitor what's going on in FLA with the virus.  I had just very recently (last night actually) thought FLA might provide some insight into whether or not the warm temps might be a positive mitigating factor in the quest for answers.  Things will hopefully work out.  Keep us abreast of her status occasionally, if you don't mind.  Best of luck.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 12:38:38 PM »

I seem to recall seeing a report on tv that talked about the warm temps killing off the germs..not that hot either..mid 80s.  The Dr. said the warm weather is the end of the flu. Notice that the flu is a winter illness..not summer.  So, hopefully the 'climate change' will turn out to be something good.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 12:47:40 PM »

Hanks probably got it from a person. The heat kills it on surfaces and fabrics quicker according to that paper. It didn't say anything about it killing the virus in already infected people. Idk, it's all really new and hard to know.

https://ibb.co/M2Yn324

there's a link to the paper, apparently my photobucket account used up all it's free bandwidth
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 12:50:20 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »