PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Robert Morris Coaching?  (Read 3819 times)

City League Advocate

• Cum Dracone et Draco Semper
  • Administrator
  • All State
  • Sorry, I'm full up on Goddesses.
    • The Moonlight Scribbler
Re: Robert Morris Coaching?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 08:29:11 AM »

The fact that the administration gave Banaszak a one year extension tells me that they understand that he has a young and inexperienced team. But they also expect to see some significant improvement next season. I would interpret that as a season above .500 and contention for the conference title. If they win the NEC, that's gravy.  A win over Duquesne (especially at home in 2017) wouldn't hurt either. If Banaszak et al roll another sub .500 season, they're gone.

City League Advocate

• Administrator
  • All State
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 05:19:59 AM »

So far RMU is 2-1 on the season with a rare 13-10 win over Dayton in the opener. Dayton is one of those squads that has had the Colonials number over the years. They then went to Youngstown State and got beat 30-0. YSU is nationally ranked this season and almost snuck up on Pitt, so I wasn't expecting much there.  Homecoming saw the Colonials beat VMI 23-0. This weekend they go out to North Dakota State.  I can only hope they won't make too much of a hash out there.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 10:59:46 AM »

Dayton might not be too strong this year since Duquesne  beat them, too. this year.
Glad to see RMU doing better, but they should have cleaned house with the head coach after Walton finally retired.  Needed a fresh approach that might have helped more with recruiting. Lots of good local players that help a D II or DIII program...look at W&J.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 10:42:41 AM »

Well I think RMU has hit rock bottom. There will be no second guesses or regrets about canning the staff after this season.

quitter

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 10:12:16 PM »

A one year extension at that level is not a big buyout. It is often given so that a coach can use that in recruiting (ie, I was just given an extension) when a recruit asks. And they do ask.......
The extension is only for the hfc. None for assistants at that level usually. Often it can be bought out for less, or there are contingencies attached to activate it ( if you win 6 games, etc). I donít think he will be back.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 01:19:08 PM »

Banaszak resigned this morning.  RMU released statement they are starting a national search for the next head coach.
"there is a light that never goes out"

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
  • That's why they actually PLAY the games....

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 02:48:17 PM »

I can only guess that the resignation was 'requested' by the University and probably includes a buyout so it is not messy.  Unless, the Coach decided to just fall on his sword because of 'loyalty' to the many years of service to RMU. I believe he did get an one year extension, which if fired, they would have to pay. I would guess they will honor it in some fashion.

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
  • That's why they actually PLAY the games....
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 05:07:57 PM »

This was widely expected by many of us who know John.  This was going to be his final season.

While things didn't go the way they were worked toward or hoped for at RMU, John Banaszak's legacy in football is very secure.
Multiple Super Bowl championships, four-year head coach at Washington & Jefferson (with four straight NCAA tourney bids), and a molder of thousands of wet-behind-the-ears teeanagers into productive members of society.

W/L record at RMU notwithstanding, the world of collegiate athletics needs more MEN like John Banaszak!

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2017, 08:08:47 PM »

TOdd Graham is available!

City League Advocate

• Administrator
  • All State
Pages: 1 [2]