Author Topic: District 3 Final Round Results  (Read 185 times)

Offline boyshoopsfan

• Varsity
District 3 Final Round Results
« on: February 27, 2020, 10:54:37 PM »
4A BOYS CHAMPIONSHIP
#1 Lancaster Catholic over #2 Bishop McDevitt 61-59 in OT
   * Lancaster Catholic overcomes a 34-23 halftime deficit to force OT with the score tied at 53 at the end of regulation.  #30 for Lancaster Catholic gets a heavily contested 15 footer to fall at the buzzer to win it in OT.

5A BOYS CONSOLATIONS
3rd/4th Place Game
#2 New Oxford over #4 Northern York 63-60

5th/6th Place Game
#7 York William Penn over #5 Shippesburg 87-65

7th/8th Place Game
#6 Elizabethtown over #1 Gettysburg 71-41
   * Not surprised Gettysburg lost, but by 30 at home?

9th Place Game
#10 York Suburban over #16 Hershey 87-82
   * York Suburban is the last 5A team to qualify for the State tournament.  York Suburban was up 50-47 at the end of 3.  No report of OT, so it must have been a wild 4th quarter!

6A BOYS CONSOLATIONS
3rd/4th Place Game
#2 Central York over #4 Cedar Crest 71-54

5th/6th Place Game
#5 Central Dauphin over #11 Harrisburg 61-59
   * Both Central Dauphin and Harrisburg qualify for the State tournament.

Offline coach99

• Hall of Fame
Re: District 3 Final Round Results
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 10:47:36 AM »
How many York schools are there?  From all over the county I would imagine.

Offline boyshoopsfan

• Varsity
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 12:54:56 AM »
How many York schools are there?  From all over the county I would imagine.

A few years ago, the school districts in York County combined with a few school districts from Adams County to form the YAIAA.  The YAIAA is comprised of 23 school districts, with 16 from York County and 7 from Adams County.  There are other schools that are in York County (such as Christian School of York and York Country Day) that are part of District 3, but are not part of the YAIAA.

Offline boyshoopsfan

• Varsity
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 01:10:50 AM »
A BOYS FINAL
#1 Mount Calvary over #3 Halifax 71-56
   * Depth of Mount Calvary too much for Halifax, who had 1 or 2 scoring options and basically played 5 players for the majority of the game (#30 had close to 30 points and had to do most everything for them).  Mount Calvary has a well rounded team with a nice point guard (#1), who I hear is committed for D1 baseball and is a few points shy of 1000 for his career.

5A BOYS FINAL
#8 Muhlenberg over #3 Milton Hershey 71-62
   * One of the more fun games I've seen this year.  Milton Hershey taller and physical than Muhlenberg, but there aren't many teams that are scrappier and well-coached than Muhlenberg.  Back-and-forth affair that had a Milton Hershey layup rim out as the buzzer sounded at the end of regulation with the score tied at 57.  Muhlenberg hits a couple 3's and some FTs in OT and gets enough stops to pull out the win.  After losing last year's District 3 final to Lower Dauphin (64-60), this one had to feel good.  #24 and #32 for Milton Hershey were beasts inside.  Muhlenberg has multiple scoring options and ball-handlers and plays about 8 guys who look to be interchangeable.  #25 (Freshman) for Muhlenberg had a terrific game and is going to be a special player.  Heard #1 for Muhlenberg has hit over 70 3's on the season (probably had 5 or 6 in this game).  Game didn't end until close to 11pm, but well worth it. 

Offline boyshoopsfan

• Varsity
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 08:38:50 AM »
6A BOYS CHAMPIONSHIP
#1 Wilson over #3 Reading 58-56
   * Didn't get to see this one, but I understand it was an outstanding game played by two very good teams.  There are a couple of nice articles on the game at: https://www.readingeagle.com/sports/high-school/