PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Mid Penn Playoffs  (Read 148 times)

boyshoopsfan

• Varsity
Mid Penn Playoffs
« on: February 10, 2020, 02:22:51 PM »

First Round Matchups
Tuesday, February 11th
Shippensburg (Colonial) vs. Central Dauphin (Commonwealth) @ Mechanicsburg (tip follows 6:00 girls game)
Trinity (Capital) vs. Bishop McDevitt (Keystone) @ East Pennsboro (tip follows 6:00 girls game)

Winners play Thursday, February 13th at either Milton Hershey or Cumberland Valley

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Re: Mid Penn Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 03:11:52 PM »

I think we'll see CD and McDevitt in the final.  McDevitt handled Trinity pretty easily during the regular season and I can't see Ship hanging with CD.

boyshoopsfan

• Varsity
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 03:23:09 PM »

One thing that stood out to me with Shippensburg in their game against Dallastown was how they appeared to not like to play fast.  There were a lot of turnovers when pressured to push the ball up the floor.  Dallastown played Central Dauphin the game before Shippensburg and CD looked like the better of the two teams.  As we all know, anything can happen in a single game, especially with both teams being loaded with underclassmen.

boyshoopsfan

• Varsity
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 09:40:21 PM »

Mid Penn semifinal results:

Central Dauphin over Shippensburg 71-61.
Bishop McDevitt over Trinity 72-61.

Mid Penn final Thursday.

boyshoopsfan

• Varsity
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 09:21:42 PM »

Final played at Milton Hershey.

Central Dauphin over Bishop McDevitt 66-53.

Caught the last half on TV.  Game played in front of a nice crowd.  CD took an early lead and from what I could tell McDevitt never got the lead under 10 points in the 2nd half.

4A #2 seed Bishop McDevitt has a 1st Round bye.  Plays winner of Wyomissing/Berks Catholic at home on Thursday.  Sure looks like a Lancaster Catholic/Bishop McDevitt final in the making.

6A #5 seed Central Dauphin gets Manheim Township at home Tuesday night.  CD has a nice young squad with athleticism and size and will be a tough out in Districts.  Can go 10 deep.