PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Valentine's Day 2020  (Read 94 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Valentine's Day 2020
« on: February 10, 2020, 10:24:49 AM »

Valentine's Day this week!

Any food plans?

I mentioned (not sure if in the most recent thread or an even older one our tradition used to be Eat n Park because we "ended up there" both in 2008 and 2009 despite different plans). With that said every Cleveland metropolitan area Eat n Park has closed (it just never caught on up here). The nearest location is in Warren, OH (off of Rt. 5) which is approximately 80 miles from where I live in Avon Lake. So that tradition is likely dead unless we're really bored.

With all of that said my wife's birthday is 2/12...she requested rather than going out that I make crab cakes! Probably coleslaw and a vegetable with it.

2/13 we have a sitter and will go out for or Valentine's Day dinner a night early (I work on 2/14 pm) at a sushi restaurant (Blue Sushi in Westlake, OH) for sushi and sake. I cannot recall if we've ever discussed sushi on here but if ever in the Cleveland area I absolutely recommend this place...best sushi and selection that I have ever had. The house sake warm goes down easy also!

We don't exchange anything else but do look for the 1/2 price chocolates on the 15th or later if we have time!!!!!

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Re: Valentine's Day 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 11:06:09 AM »

We might go out to eat at Dorito's on 2/14. They have a good lobster pot and their other food items are always tasty. Great New England clam chowder, too.  However, that day is a Friday which is their big day of he week as they  have great fish sandwiches that always draw a crowd. I will have to check because I know on certain days they have a nice surf and turf and they might feature it on Valentine's Day.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 02:08:16 PM »

My wife works on Friday night (Valentine's).  So i'll be a bachelor - watching college hoops and Drive Ins, Diners and Dives all night while eating pizza and drinking Gold Peak tea right from the half gallon!

Saturday the 15th will be our night to have a big dinner at home.  Chicken Piccatta, pasta and salad.  We dont exchange gifts. But will splurge on some good chocolate for desserts.

PS: Thursday is my fav day at Eat N Park.  Thursday is wedding soup day!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 02:10:23 PM by Nicky »
"there is a light that never goes out"

emm8

• All State
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 06:03:47 PM »

2/13 we have a sitter and will go out for or Valentine's Day dinner a night early (I work on 2/14 pm) at a sushi restaurant (Blue Sushi in Westlake, OH) for sushi and sake. I cannot recall if we've ever discussed sushi on here but if ever in the Cleveland area I absolutely recommend this place...best sushi and selection that I have ever had. The house sake warm goes down easy also!

Sushi always reminds me of a "Big Bang Theory" episode where Sheldon can't get his visiting mom to cook his favorite foods, and she goes out to a sushi restaurant.

Leonard: "So, what did you think of the sushi?"

Mary: "It was good. Only thing...would have made it better is if it was cooked...and if it was beef!"   ;D

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 03:54:43 PM »

(For tonight's birthday dinner):

Found a good price in serloins so I'm gonna do steak crabcakes and coleslaw...kind of a surf and turf!