PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Duquesne and Robert Morris  (Read 301 times)

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
Re: Duquesne and Robert Morris
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2020, 12:36:50 AM »

The new place blows the old one out of the water. Itís a legitimate facility. It only seats 4,000 but it is like a mini pro sports arena. Itís fantastic.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2020, 07:44:30 AM »

That's a tough loss for Duquesne.  I have no delusions of grandeur for them but if they are truly a good or pretty good team that is a bad loss.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2020, 07:07:49 AM »

Duquesne faces a 19 point deficit halfway through the second half to 7th ranked Dayton and were able to make a big run but in the end came up short and lost 73-69. If they can play as they did in this game they will certainly win more than they lose from here out.

LaSalle on Sunday is next.

RMU beat Bryant by 10. Theyíre 7-2 and in second in their conference. They play dead last Central Connecticut at home tomorrow.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2020, 09:44:53 AM »

Duquesne beats lasalle 71-68. It was ugly but the Sukes had to beat somebody to end their 3 game losing streak. Next up is at St. Louis Wednesday.

RMU beat central Connecticut to extend their streak to three wins in a row. They sit at 8-2 in 2nd place in the NEC. Their schedule is about to get tougher. I see them finishing about 12-6 still.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2020, 08:55:34 PM »

Duquesne goes 1-1 this week with a win at St. Louis Wednesday but a loss at home to St. Bonaventure today. They played well today but I canít imagine the Bonnieís have much more than they showed today winning 83-80 and shooting the lights out from 3. They were like 10-20. Duquesne falls to 7-4 and all but loses any shot at a double bye in the A10 tournament thatís reserved for the top 4 teams.

RMU wins two more this week for five in a row. Nice 61-58 road win today over Sacred Heart who has a winning NEC record. RMU now 10-2 and tied with Merrimack for first.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2020, 09:28:43 AM »

I just learned that Merrimack is ineligible for the NEC tournament as it’s their first year as a division 1 school. I guess back in 2010 they made a rule that any school jumping from division 2 to division 1 has a 4 year period where they cannot compete for conference championships or ncaa berths.

So with this revelation Robert Morris holds a 2 game lead in the loss column over St. Francis PA and 3 over everybody else. Bad news is they still play St. Francis PA twice and are 0-8 against them over the past 4 years. You would think they’d need a split to secure a regular season championship, which is a huge deal in the NEC as it provides two things. Homecourt advanatge as long as they are alive in the conference tournament and an automatic bid to the NIT if they were to lose in the conference tournament.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2020, 11:30:02 AM »

Wow that's a terrible rule.  I could one year for transition purposes, but a 4 year ban? Holy shit that seems harsh.  It's a real bummer for recruiting reasons too if they can't even go to something like the CBI or CIT. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2020, 11:46:39 AM »

I think theyíre eligible for the CIT and CBI. Not their own conference tournament, the NCAA tournament and the NIT.

Also think the rule is tough. But from what I read it seems the NCAA wanted to cap D1 at around 350 schools. Itís at 353 so I guess a few have jumped up since then.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 09:29:33 PM »

Emu season really begins tomorrow. 6 games to go. 2 vs Mt. St. Maryís, theyíre 1-7 vs them in the past 8 regular season games. 2 vs St. Francis PA, theyíre 0-8 against them over the same time. And 2 vs Farleigh Dickenson. They ended RMU season last year.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 09:41:02 PM »

Nice road win for the Colonials. 77-60 at Mt. St. Maryís. Probably had their A game shooting 11-20 from 3 point range. Canít expect too many other performances like this. But nice to beat a rival like them convincingly. 11-2 now in the NEC.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2020, 02:58:40 PM »

RMU Falls 72-71 to Fairleigh Dickinson. Bad loss that will likely cost them homecourt advantage through the conference tournament.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2020, 10:23:40 PM »

RMU goes down 86-71 at St. Francis PA. 9 consecutive losses to the Red Flash. They have never had any answer for Braxton and Blackmon, the two senior leaders.
Pages: 1 [2]