PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Ex-Cathedral Prep QB Transferring to Duquesne  (Read 110 times)

emm8

• All State
Ex-Cathedral Prep QB Transferring to Duquesne
« on: January 06, 2020, 01:47:43 PM »

Joe Mischler (the son of Cathedral Prep head coach Mike Mischler) is transferring to Duquesne.  He was the starting QB for Prep for all 4 years he was there, and the great PIAA run they had.  He is leaving Ohio U. after 2 years, having just completed his redshirt freshman season of eligibility.  He will be reconnecting with a former Prep teammate, Billy Lucas, a standout RB in his time at Prep.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Re: Ex-Cathedral Prep QB Transferring to Duquesne
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 04:31:42 PM »

In this type of transfer, will he be eligible for this coming season? I would think so, since he is going from a higher school to a smaller one

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 09:02:26 PM »

Yes, thatís exactly right coach.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 10:16:54 AM »

Interesting timing to transfer.  Ohio U is losing a three year, record setting QB in Rourk.  So there's a QB spot open.  He's either reading the writing on the wall that his competition has a leg up, or maybe Ohio U has a frosh they signed coming in. 

On the other hand, Duquesne only had two QBs throw passes this past season, and both were seniors.  So there might be a good chance at competing for that job as well. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

emm8

• All State
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 11:05:17 PM »

Interesting timing to transfer.  Ohio U is losing a three year, record setting QB in Rourk.  So there's a QB spot open.  He's either reading the writing on the wall that his competition has a leg up, or maybe Ohio U has a frosh they signed coming in. 

A freshman on the current roster is Rourke's younger brother.  My guess is that the younger bro has been given some assurances that he has a leg up.  They probably talked it out before he signed.  I don't really follow Ohio U, other than bits and pieces of the TV games I come across.  I'm not sure if the younger bro brings an impressive resume, or not.   

emm8

• All State
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 06:55:31 PM »

Not a transfer, but CP receiver Jaelen Carson picks Duquesne.  In a discussion leading up to the CP v TJ playoff game, I posted this about him.

It's an oddity, but their best offensive players are WR's.  If their QB play was stronger, they'd be another juggernaut.  That said, their 2 QB's are solid better than average hs QB's, just not next level talents.  One WR, Sr. Jalen Carson is a stud, and should play at some D1 level somewhere.  He's the fastest kid on the team, and very impressive.  The second, Sr. Jack Oedekoven is a far above average talent, and can fly too.  In addition, he's 6'4".  He blows by people deep before they know it because of the long legs.  If they can get the ball to either of them on a consistent basis, they're a handful.  Carson handles KO and punt return duties, and plays DB as well.  He scores often in the special teams role, and has a few pick 6's to go with it.  I'd say he's the guy you must contain, but the 3 way threat he represents makes that a tall task.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised that he didn't end up at a slightly bigger program.  I had him pegged for the MAC, or possible higher.  DU should be quite happy.  Oedekoven would have been the more likely candidate for DU, IMO. TJ was able to neutralize him in their match up, but that may have been more a statement about the Prep QB situation that I was unimpressed with during that analysis.

I'm wondering if the Mischler transfer in might have been a factor, although I don't believe their CP careers had much overlap?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 06:58:29 PM by emm8 »