PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Ex-Cathedral Prep QB Transferring to Duquesne  (Read 57 times)

emm8

• All State
Ex-Cathedral Prep QB Transferring to Duquesne
« on: January 06, 2020, 01:47:43 PM »

Joe Mischler (the son of Cathedral Prep head coach Mike Mischler) is transferring to Duquesne.  He was the starting QB for Prep for all 4 years he was there, and the great PIAA run they had.  He is leaving Ohio U. after 2 years, having just completed his redshirt freshman season of eligibility.  He will be reconnecting with a former Prep teammate, Billy Lucas, a standout RB in his time at Prep.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Re: Ex-Cathedral Prep QB Transferring to Duquesne
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 04:31:42 PM »

In this type of transfer, will he be eligible for this coming season? I would think so, since he is going from a higher school to a smaller one

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 09:02:26 PM »

Yes, thatís exactly right coach.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 10:16:54 AM »

Interesting timing to transfer.  Ohio U is losing a three year, record setting QB in Rourk.  So there's a QB spot open.  He's either reading the writing on the wall that his competition has a leg up, or maybe Ohio U has a frosh they signed coming in. 

On the other hand, Duquesne only had two QBs throw passes this past season, and both were seniors.  So there might be a good chance at competing for that job as well. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

emm8

• All State
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 11:05:17 PM »

Interesting timing to transfer.  Ohio U is losing a three year, record setting QB in Rourk.  So there's a QB spot open.  He's either reading the writing on the wall that his competition has a leg up, or maybe Ohio U has a frosh they signed coming in. 

A freshman on the current roster is Rourke's younger brother.  My guess is that the younger bro has been given some assurances that he has a leg up.  They probably talked it out before he signed.  I don't really follow Ohio U, other than bits and pieces of the TV games I come across.  I'm not sure if the younger bro brings an impressive resume, or not.