Author Topic: Teams in and around W. Pa.  (Read 212 times)

Offline coach99

• Hall of Fame
Teams in and around W. Pa.
« on: January 05, 2020, 01:42:39 PM »
Anyone follow any of the local teams like the PSAC with Cal U and SRU and IUP, etc and W & J and Westminster (PAC I guess)?  I will have to check my Observer-Reporter more carefully to get some local stories.  Since the PG has become pretty much just a "weekly' along the lines of the Almanac/Advertiser and some other local tabloids, you don't get much beyond a Pitt, Duquesne and RM (if lucky) article.
What are some or any of the local weekly papers that still function that you guys read?

Offline emm8

• All State
Re: Teams in and around W. Pa.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 09:49:53 PM »
Anyone follow any of the local teams like the PSAC with Cal U and SRU and IUP, etc and W & J and Westminster (PAC I guess)?  I will have to check my Observer-Reporter more carefully to get some local stories.  Since the PG has become pretty much just a "weekly' along the lines of the Almanac/Advertiser and some other local tabloids, you don't get much beyond a Pitt, Duquesne and RM (if lucky) article.
What are some or any of the local weekly papers that still function that you guys read?

The Erie Times News covers PSAC locals Edinboro, Gannon, and Mercyhurst...and thus by default partially covers Cal U, SRU, and IUP.

Throw in Allegheny College and Penn State Behrend, so there is a decent amount covered when you combine them all.

Unfortunately, as with many others, you can only access a few per month without a subscription.

Offline emm8

• All State

Offline BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 07:27:09 PM »
Keno Holmes from Lincoln Park plays for Allegheny. He was pretty good. Got to imagine he has helped them in the win column.

Offline coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 07:46:39 PM »
I am going to have to check out Slippery Rocks sports section. The do live streaming of the sports there.  Sort of forgot about it after football ended.  I bet the others cover their teams as well..especially Cal U as they do a lot of video for local tv stations apart of the Broadcast majors. Have hit the old google.

Offline emm8

• All State
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 09:54:11 PM »
Keno Holmes from Lincoln Park plays for Allegheny. He was pretty good. Got to imagine he has helped them in the win column.

I counted 7 D7 + D8 guys on their roster.  Jordan Rawls (Allderdice) is their leading scorer at 19+ ppg, to go along with 10+ rbg.  About 3 or 4 weeks ago IIRC, he had a 30 pt / 20 rb game.

Offline emm8

• All State
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 10:05:21 PM »
I am going to have to check out Slippery Rocks sports section. The do live streaming of the sports there.  Sort of forgot about it after football ended.  I bet the others cover their teams as well..especially Cal U as they do a lot of video for local tv stations apart of the Broadcast majors. Have hit the old google.

Most EUP games are streamed, and you get stats updated every 30 secs or so.  You can also just get the audio or live box score to follow along, if that's all that interests you.

FYI...EUP at SRU tomorrow.  Women at 1 pm/men at 3 pm.  Slide down to the event you're interested in, and click on the audio, or video symbol.

https://gofightingscots.com/