PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Teams in and around W. Pa.  (Read 39 times)

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Teams in and around W. Pa.
« on: January 05, 2020, 01:42:39 PM »

Anyone follow any of the local teams like the PSAC with Cal U and SRU and IUP, etc and W & J and Westminster (PAC I guess)?  I will have to check my Observer-Reporter more carefully to get some local stories.  Since the PG has become pretty much just a "weekly' along the lines of the Almanac/Advertiser and some other local tabloids, you don't get much beyond a Pitt, Duquesne and RM (if lucky) article.
What are some or any of the local weekly papers that still function that you guys read?

emm8

• All State
Re: Teams in and around W. Pa.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 09:49:53 PM »

Anyone follow any of the local teams like the PSAC with Cal U and SRU and IUP, etc and W & J and Westminster (PAC I guess)?  I will have to check my Observer-Reporter more carefully to get some local stories.  Since the PG has become pretty much just a "weekly' along the lines of the Almanac/Advertiser and some other local tabloids, you don't get much beyond a Pitt, Duquesne and RM (if lucky) article.
What are some or any of the local weekly papers that still function that you guys read?

The Erie Times News covers PSAC locals Edinboro, Gannon, and Mercyhurst...and thus by default partially covers Cal U, SRU, and IUP.

Throw in Allegheny College and Penn State Behrend, so there is a decent amount covered when you combine them all.

Unfortunately, as with many others, you can only access a few per month without a subscription.