PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Steeler off-season discussion  (Read 431 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Re: Steeler off-season discussion
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2020, 08:09:48 AM »

It sure of the Steelers cap situation but Teddy Bridgewater will be a available for about 8 million or so

From what I'm reading he's more likely to be closer to if not over $20 million so he's a no for Pittsburgh. The most notable teams with that kind of cap room are the Colts, the Patriots if Brady leaves, and the Chargers if Rivers leaves.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2020, 11:53:02 AM »

No way Bridgwater is worth that much, IMO.  40% of his yards and over 50% of his TD passes for the season came in two games: Jacksonville and Tampa.  Two of the worst defenses in the league. 

I know he kept the ship steady during the Brees absence, and I know he's going to get his money, just saying I don't see the hype everyone else does. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2020, 05:47:27 PM »

The Chargers and Phillip Rivers are parting ways after 16 seasons (14 as starter).

Add another QB to the free agency list. He moved his family to Florida however so the assumption is that he goes to one of the three Florida teams (in Tampa and Jacksonville he would have the job for as long as he can play...in Miami he would likely be a mentor for Tua and would probably only start over him for the 2020 season).

I may be in the minority (or maybe I'm not) but I LOVED watching Phillip Rivers play!  The gunslinger mentality, the yelling at receivers (but not swearing), the exciting finishes (seemingly EVERY San Diego/LAC game came down to the final drive haha) etc. I would probably like to see him in Bruce Arians' vertical offense in Tampa given the choices.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2020, 12:45:42 PM »

Rivers will get himself killed in Arians' offense, just as happened to Carson Palmer. Jax is probably his best bet if wants to stay in FL. They already have a decent defense and running game, just missing a qb.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2020, 06:02:16 PM »

Miles Garrett has be reinstated by the NFL.  So he only got 6 games which is crazy.  You can say it was the season, but itís still only 6 games.  This should have extended into next season.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1808-604 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 49 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances
Pages: 1 2 [3]