PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Christmas/Holiday Movies  (Read 132 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Christmas/Holiday Movies
« on: December 21, 2019, 10:54:07 AM »

I'm sure we have done this before but I could not find the thread.

Just thought of this because me 5 year old son has taken an obsessive liking to Home Alone and Home Alone 2 lol. Neither movie ages well but both are still watchable (the second one even has a cameo from our current POTUS).

Anyways, here is my short list:

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation  (my and my family's favorite)

The Santa Clause

Miracle on 34th Street

Home Alone (the first one...the 2nd one has too much sequelitis)

Diehard (just had to add...I love this argument)

I will also say that I have never watched "It's a Wonderful Life" but know that many rank this high also.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Re: Christmas/Holiday Movies
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 09:15:54 PM »

You have some good films on the list.  I don't think I have ever seen "Its A Wonderful Life" totally through from start to finish.  Seen it in parts many times. I like "Miracle on 34th St", but only the original black and white version. The newer remakes stink :)  There are a number of "A Christmas Carol" over the years. I liked the George C. Scott version best, but you don't see it very often or at all. "A Christmas Story" with the kid "shooting his eye out" is held up as a great film by many so that TBS runs it as a marathon each year. I like "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye.  If I come across it, I just have to watch it again. Yes, the debate..is "Die Hard" a Xmas movie, fueled by tv stations running it at this time of year mostly.
On the matter of all those Hallmark Christmas movies.l...if you windup watching a few, you see quickly that they all have a version of the same plot...snowed in...save a business..meet old flame..single mom..widowed dad with kids, etc.  But just some harmless mind candy.

Merry Christmas to all.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Re: Christmas/Holiday Movies
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 06:39:59 PM »

I will add the Bill Murray movie Scrooged to that list. Have not seen it this year actually but one of my favorites.