PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 2019-20 Bowl Schedule  (Read 1270 times)

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
Re: 2019-20 Bowl Schedule
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2019, 03:41:04 PM »

ND beats up on Iowa State behind RB Tony Jones.
Penn State will remain in the Top 10 after beating Memphis.  LB Micah Parsons was unbelievable. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2019, 03:52:15 PM »

LSU OC Steve Emsinger lost his daughter in law when she died in a plane crash while heading to the Peach Bowl semi-final early this afternoon.  He has decided to stay in Atlanta and coach against Oklahoma. 

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2019, 05:45:44 PM »

LSU is embarrassing Oklahoma in the Peach Bowl. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1808-604 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 49 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2019, 06:06:25 PM »

Burrow 401 pass yards, 7 pass TDs
Jefferson 186 rec yards, 4 rec TDs

At halftime. 

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2019, 06:28:49 PM »

Nicky,

Anyone who picked Oklahoma in your pickem should be publically shamed lol.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2019, 06:54:11 PM »

Nicky,

Hahaha.  I'll have to let you know how many people took OU!

Easily the big winners of today so far are Micah Parsons and Joe Burrow.  And we still have the game of the year left tonight.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2019, 01:26:06 AM »

Clemson throws a late TD to beat Ohio State in a great game that took a toll on both teams.

Clemson has a chance to go back to back and their freshman QB still hasnít lost a game.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1808-604 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 49 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2019, 04:48:59 AM »

Clemson throws a late TD to beat Ohio State in a great game that took a toll on both teams.

Clemson has a chance to go back to back and their freshman QB still hasnít lost a game.

Did anyone else see that controversial call of a non catch that went against Ohio State? Clemson was up 21-16 and a pass was dropped after the receiver took 4 steps. An Ohio State defender scooped it up and went in for the TD but after a very long review it was overturned and called an incomplete pass. He took 4 steps with the ball with a defender on him and was not juggling it. Just couldn't believe they called that a non catch

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2019, 06:56:35 AM »

Agree HS.  That was, to me, such an obvious catch/fumble that I was surprised it was even reviewed.  And then it was somehow overturned.  Every poll I've seen on social media overnight is close to 70% of the public (and a couple high profile review officials who weren't working the game) thinking it was a catch/fumble.

OSU just had too many drops, gaffes, penalties and that call to overcome.  Lots of what-if's they have to live with between now and August. 

But all in all, Clemson was favored, and won.  LSU/Clemson was the predicted Championship and we have it.  Now we have to wait 16 days!!

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2019, 08:40:04 AM »

Tough break or not Ohio State's playcalling especially in the 2nd half left a lot to be desired and three times in the first half they had drives stall that resulted in settling for FGs. I realize that no one on here is necessarily blaming the refs but I just want to make clear if anyone did not watch that the Buckeyes lost it in large part to their own doing as well in large part to Clemson's excellence in the 2nd half and not letting the game get out of hand in the first half.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2019, 09:30:01 AM »

I think they lost because Dobbins injury made him ineffective. He was the best player on the field prior to twisting his ankle.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2019, 10:02:49 AM »

I think they lost because Dobbins injury made him ineffective. He was the best player on the field prior to twisting his ankle.

Valid point.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2019, 10:57:17 AM »

Nicky,

Literally not one Oklahoma pick!  And only six OSU picks.  So my Pick 'Em seems to fall right in line with most of the country picking LSU/Clemson.

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
  • That's why they actually PLAY the games....
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2019, 12:20:22 PM »

Did anyone else see that controversial call of a non catch that went against Ohio State? Clemson was up 21-16 and a pass was dropped after the receiver took 4 steps. An Ohio State defender scooped it up and went in for the TD but after a very long review it was overturned and called an incomplete pass. He took 4 steps with the ball with a defender on him and was not juggling it. Just couldn't believe they called that a non catch
Don't have a dog in the fight.  I thought, live, that's incomplete. TOO fast in hands, out of hands to be a catch/fumble.
Extremely slow motion, I can see several steps but never ball into body, football action.
ESPN rules analyst said same thing.

IF the call stands or is confirmed, I can be okay with that.
IF the call is overturned (which it was), I can be okay with that, too.

As the ESPN rules guy said, sometimes, Slow Motion is good (in-bounds, cross the plane, etc.).  Sometimes, live full-speed is good (football moves, etc.).

It was a great game to watch and enjoy for college football.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2019, 04:35:33 PM »

First Responder Bowl - WOW!

WMU was just barely in field goal range to win.  Ran a play on 3rd down to set up field position and the QB tripped over himself in the backfield and fumbled.  Lost yards, knocked them out of FG range.  Went for it on 4th down.  Didn't get it.  WKU threw two passes.  Got into range for a hail mary with 3 seconds left.  TWO plays in a row, WMU lines up with 12 guys.  Moves it up 5 yards each time.  WKU kicks 53 yard FG to win. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5