PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Slippery Rock  (Read 116 times)

bftigers

• All State
Slippery Rock
« on: November 30, 2019, 05:37:59 PM »

SRU 51
Shepherd 30

652 yotal yards and WR Jermaine Wynn had school record 18 rec for 229 yds.

Hosts Notre Dame College (Ohio) next Saturday.  Winner moves onto national semifinals.

Rematch of last year in national quarterfinals where SRU lost.

Let's go Rock!

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Re: Slippery Rock
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 08:01:42 PM »

Scash'em Rock     Some old time SR grads might remember the "scash'em" cheer from back in the day.  Nobody really knew what it meant..to scash'em.
Might go up I 79 next week if the weather is not bad...can really be cold if the wind is whipping up the hill to Thompson Stadium.
My daughter went up today..have to see how the weather was. Hope she brings  home a Bob's Sub :)

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 02:14:27 PM »

At halftime.. Div II Playoff
Slippery Rock 49
Notre Dame (OH) 31

Wild game with both teams throwing long passes. Exciting game to watch.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 03:59:56 PM »

Slippery Rock holds on to win 65 to 59 over NDC putting them into the Final Four for National Championship.
At this point the other winners seem to be
Minnesota State
Ferris State
Western Florida...upsetting Lenore Rhyne so far today

The final four teams will be re-seeded to determine where the next games will be held..which two get a home game next week.

bftigers

• All State
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 06:40:51 PM »

Let's go Rock!!!!

Congrats to my alma mater on a historic season thus far.  First time in school history in the national semifinals.

Incredible year!

bftigers

• All State
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 07:59:57 PM »

It was just announced that after re-seeding, SRU has earned the 2 seed and will host 3 seed Minnesota State next Saturday at 12:30.

Can't believe they got a home game!

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 08:59:47 PM »

It was just announced that after re-seeding, SRU has earned the 2 seed and will host 3 seed Minnesota State next Saturday at 12:30.

Well, if we don't get a break with the weather..Minnesota State will feel right at home up on the hill where Michalic-Thompson Stadium sits.  The wind just whips up in to the open, unprotected side of the field..to the right from home side stands.  The live streaming announcers were saying that if Lenore Rhyne would win, SRU would probably travel to NC.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 09:57:13 PM »

They’ve been fair to PSAC teams at times as I know Cal got to hose regional semi in back to back seasons.  They nearly beat Valdosta State (who won the National Title the following week) and were blown out by Minnesota Duluth.  Hopefully SRU has better luck hosting a team from Minnesota. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1790-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

emm8

• All State
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 10:01:27 PM »

The schedule maker probably thought...hmmm Minnesota in mid December or W PA?  :o   ;D

FHS15473

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 08:45:25 AM »

I thought that I heard in the past, that you bid to host games at this point??? I believe Cal paid to host the games when Luckhardt was the coach and Armenti was the President. Used it as a recruiting tool. But maybe I’m totally wrong and heard it incorrectly???

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2019, 10:37:13 AM »

From someone who attended the SRU/ND game.....had to have all the bags checked, etc. when entering game early, but gates wide open after the half...guess terrorists dont come late to games.  Also, either refreshment stand closed early or not open at all. Seemed like a good crowd with students back from Thanksgiving. Not sure when semester ends or finals held..if next week the crowd could be lower unless it is advertised hard that it is a National Championship Semi Final. Bookstore should be able to sell a lot of Slippery Rock labeled stuff to the Minnesota fans or others visiting the campus.  BTW..wasn't Minnesota State the name of the fictional school on the tv show "COACH"?

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 11:12:54 AM »

Yes they were the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1790-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

emm8

• All State
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2019, 02:00:53 PM »

Not sure when semester ends or finals held..if next week the crowd could be lower unless it is advertised hard that it is a National Championship Semi Final.

FWIW, EUP finals are this coming week.  SRU should probably be the same.  I think the semesters start/end simultaneously for the PSAC schools, but things like spring break can be different.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2019, 08:06:48 PM »

Yes they were the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles.
I had a sweat shirt for Minnesota State Screaming Eagles someone bought me because of the show back then.   I think it is on reruns on one of the nostalgia cable networks. COZI or MeTV. the guy big blonde guy that was assistant coach is the voice for Sponge Bob's Starfish friend :)
Jerry VanDyke (Dick's brother) was the other co star assistant.