PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Breeders Cup Picks  (Read 50 times)

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
Breeders Cup Picks
« on: November 02, 2019, 10:33:31 AM »

Emm, here are my winners for today.

Race 4 Filly and Mare Sprint: 9,1,4
Race 5 Turf Sprint: 12,6,3
Race 6 Dirt Mile: 3,2,7
Race 7 Filly and Mare Turf: 2,5,10
Race 8 Dirt Sprint: 6,4,7
Race 9 Turf Mile: 11,9,2
Race 10 Distaff: 5,4,1
Race 11 Turf: 10,5,9
Race 12 Classic: 10,11,5

emm8

• All State
Re: Breeders Cup Picks
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 10:36:35 PM »

Emm, here are my winners for today.

Race 4 Filly and Mare Sprint: 9,1,4
Race 5 Turf Sprint: 12,6,3
Race 6 Dirt Mile: 3,2,7
Race 7 Filly and Mare Turf: 2,5,10
Race 8 Dirt Sprint: 6,4,7
Race 9 Turf Mile: 11,9,2
Race 10 Distaff: 5,4,1
Race 11 Turf: 10,5,9
Race 12 Classic: 10,11,5

Sorry, I didn't see this until just now.  I had my head buried in the past performances all day.  I only bet on 5 races over the 2 days, and hit the $1 exacta, and the $0.50 trifecta on Race 12 The Classic.  I loved #11 Blue Prize in Race 10 the Distaff, but just couldn't pull the trigger over #4 Midnight Bisou.  I had a $5 exacta #4 over #9, and a $1 trifecta #4 over #9, over All; but was too stupid/cheap to back it up.  I still cashed out up $53, so I guess I can't complain.

I liked Mitole and hit a small exacta on it, and I passed on the Bricks and Mortar race.  I liked Bricks and Mortar, but just couldn't figure out how to bet it because of the English imports.  Luckily, I saved some money there because I would not have had #3 United in the mix.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 10:39:40 PM by emm8 »

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 08:26:12 AM »

Wish I liked Blue Prize. Ended up with 3 of 4 in the pick 4. 4 of 5 in the pick 5 and 5 of 6 in the pick 6. All because I tossed her.

emm8

• All State
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 09:27:00 PM »

Wish I liked Blue Prize. Ended up with 3 of 4 in the pick 4. 4 of 5 in the pick 5 and 5 of 6 in the pick 6. All because I tossed her.

I got sucked into the prerace hype and convinced myself that #4 Midnight Bisou wasn't beatable, even though the past performances showed me #11 Blue Prize could compete even without Midnight Bisou regressing.  I normally try to backup my main bet a tad, but bailed on it this time, and it burned me.

I loved #11 Blue Prize in Race 10 the Distaff, but just couldn't pull the trigger over #4 Midnight Bisou.  I had a $5 exacta #4 over #9, and a $1 trifecta #4 over #9, over All; but was too stupid/cheap to back it up.

You probably figured out what I was trying to say above, but I just realized that the #9's above should have read as #11's

I've stayed away from multi race exotics for some reason over the years.  I think I've only ever bet on one about 5 years ago in an everyday type race card at SA.  I got nipped in a photo on the 4th race of a pick 4 that would have paid me $975, and I've been scarred for life over it.   ;D

I just looked back over the bets I made yesterday (coupled with the other picks I liked, but didn't bet), and realized that I'd have had a pretty good shot at cashing on some of those later race multi race exotics, had I been willing to spend the money.

I like to see what Eddie Olczyk of NBC Sports likes in the big races.  He's usually fairly spot on, but yesterday he and Matt Bernier were mapping out $300 to $500 tickets in most of those exotics.  I'm not in that ballgame.  I do the ponies as my hobby, not to earn a living!  As I stated in another thread, I spend inordinate amounts of time watching financial stuff on TV during the week...but the weekends almost always involve watching/betting a few races sprinkled between the Pirates/Steelers/Pens/Pitt games.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 06:31:29 AM »

I donít do many in race exotic bets. I prefer multi race bets and WPS bets.

Iíll have a $5 daily double in on practically every race. So when the 12 won the 5th and the 3 won the 6th I ended up cashing that for over $800. Then the rest of the day was spent trying to hit a grand slam. The pick 6 did pay I think $160 in consolation. That paid back half of what I bet on the pick 4, pick 5 and pick 6.

Now I do have a large trifecta mapped out for the Melbourne Cup tonight. My key horses are 3,19,20. Thatís one of the cooler sporting events in the world that we donít know anything about here in America. Check it out tonight on TVG. I think post is 11:00pm.