PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: 2019-2020 BF Tigers Basketball  (Read 3423 times)

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Re: 2019-2020 BF Tigers Basketball
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2020, 11:03:34 AM »

Clairton and Monessen were comparable to 6A today. All the mill towns were rocking it. When I was in high school the classes were AA, A, B. Our football team won the Class B football championship (WPIAL)in 1955. I guess they decided at some point that nobody wanted to be called 'class B', so they changed to the AAAA, AAA, AA and A :)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2020, 04:31:03 AM »

Heard WBVP is going to rebroadcast the 2005 BF-Aliquippa WPIAL championship game next Tuesday, 3/31.

bftigers

• All State
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2020, 07:53:35 AM »

Hell, just go to YouTube and watch it lol...

Hearing Bob Barrickman would b worth it though.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2020, 11:23:21 AM »

Yes Iíve never heard that broadcast. I think Jim Frederick May have been play by play back in 05 though.

Barrickman and Bob Gregg and Tyler Freel from Butler and the late Mark Schaas are the best play by play voices in Pittsburgh after Mike Lange.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »

Yes Iíve never heard that broadcast. I think Jim Frederick May have been play by play back in 05 though.

Barrickman and Bob Gregg and Tyler Freel from Butler and the late Mark Schaas are the best play by play voices in Pittsburgh after Mike Lange.
You are leaving out one of the great voices of high school football who did games ofiWestmoreland county teams.   You remember who I mean?

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2020, 07:15:26 PM »

Ralph Conde? He was really good. His son does games now I believe. Brian Mrozak in uniontiwn is good. I donít mean to leave people out. I listen to many games when Iíve got nothing better to do.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2020, 10:33:35 AM »

Ralph R. Conde, indeed! :)  I listened to his Saturday morning sports show every week where he would recap all the games from Friday night.  Many times it was simply reading all the scores, but he was way ahead of any of the call in talk shows. I always listened while driving to our Saturday coaches meetings. He had a habit of mixing up some words, like he never could pronounce Car Lyn Ton..kept calling it Carol ton :) He always was the play by play man on a big Westmoreland county game every Friday and all through basketball season. I believe he was a school board member on one of the schools around Greensburg and I think he owned the radio station.  In his later years his son would join him in the Press box.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2020, 01:11:26 PM »

It will be fun to listen to the radio rebroadcast. The game's been re-aired on cable a couple of times, but I think sometimes games are better being heard rather than seen. If you can't go in person, there's just something more intimate about listening on the radio.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2020, 09:07:19 AM »

We won in triple OT!!!  ;D

It was fun listening to the rebroadcast which was surprisingly exciting even though we knew the outcome. Jim Fredricks did the play-by-blay with Barrickman and Tom Hays doing the stats and color. At the end you can't even hear a call of Jeter's shot because Aliquippa scored so late to take the lead. It's just all screaming and Fredricks, Barrickman and Hays all shouting that Jeter hit a shot from near mid-court to win for BF.

For BF, Carliss Jeter, jr and Dom Henderson played strong games. The NB boys, CJ Moreland, Dana Stevenson and Rashaun Tarver all chipped in, too. Jack Anderson had a bad shooting night. Of course, there's a reason Lance Jeter's jersey is framed and hanging in the BF gym.

BF cannot thank Jon Baldwin enough for stupidly going for and missing a dunk instead of a layup that would've iced the game for Aliquippa. Where is he these days? It's sad that Pope's in jail and Gilliam was killed in 2016 (that case, I believe, is still unsolved).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]