PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 2019-2020 BF Tigers Basketball  (Read 1629 times)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: 2019-2020 BF Tigers Basketball
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2020, 09:52:45 AM »

I'll remain optimistic about making it to the Pete.  :) The kids are playing well, and, as importantly, listening to the coaches. I agree about Noah playing better and adding that leadership component that all good teams need. He seems to have accepted the roles and assignments Jeter has given him in pursuit of team goals.

That said, after NB at home on Friday, two big road games, at Neshannock, always a tough place to play, and at EC, then home against LP. Neshannock gave LP a tussle at LP on Tuesday. BF can't sleep on them or Ellwood for that matter.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:56:33 AM by bfgrad »

bftigers

• All State
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2020, 11:25:01 AM »

That is not how their schedule goes.  They have NB home tomorrow, then travel to Ellwood next Friday.  The following week is LP home on January 28 then traveling to Neshannock on January 31.

Nevertheless, every game is big from here on out.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2020, 12:48:17 PM »

Just pointing out Tigers have 2 road games that they can't take lightly.

Mike Bires mentioned BF in his column today, too. https://www.timesonline.com/sports/20200115/mike-bires-bf-tigers-just-might-be-wpial-championship-contenders
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 12:50:36 PM by bfgrad »

bftigers

• All State
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2020, 02:23:14 PM »

Just pointing out Tigers have 2 road games that they can't take lightly.

Mike Bires mentioned BF in his column today, too. https://www.timesonline.com/sports/20200115/mike-bires-bf-tigers-just-might-be-wpial-championship-contenders

Oh, I gotcha.  Well, BF isn't good enough to take anyone lightly.  They struggled to beat a 2-win NB team pulling away in the 4th quarter.  Ellwood and Neshannock are not as good as BF, but Neshannock in their gym is just a different animal.  That will be every bit as tough as it will be playing Lincoln Park at home for different reasons.  And you know Ellwood will be all fired up when we enter the gym just like Riverside was on their home floor last Friday.

They just need to keep the mindset of getting better everyday AND be coachable.  Practice, games, etc.  That needs to be the thought process.  If they do that, they will be fine. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 02:24:54 PM by bftigers »

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2020, 10:41:36 PM »

Tigers rolled over NB 75-36 with the 4th qtr being a reprise of the JV game. A lot of playground hoops as both teams were out to run and gun. BF did play what's becoming its usual stifling defense, though. There were some nice passes to open teammates, but the order of the night was shoot, shoot, shoot. Hard to draw any definitive conclusions because of that, but BF is showing more ability to make the outside shots which will help when they face opponents who will play some version of a zone to make the Tigers beat them from outside.

No game until next Friday at Ellwood City since our AD is apparently too disinterested to find an opponent, leaving BF with only 19 games of a possible 22.

bftigers

• All State
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2020, 11:17:42 PM »

I thought BF played a tremendous game tonight against a bad opponent.  The first game vs NB was so ugly and tonight illustrated how improved BF has become in the last month.  We go a legit 9 deep in the rotation and everyone seems to know their role and responsibilities.

I never thought I would say this but we have a legit chance to beat Lincoln Park at home on January 28.  We will see, but these kids are fun to watch.

As far as our scheduling, we will play 20 games, not 19.  It's embarrassing that our AD failed to schedule 22 games.  This team doesn't need a week off.  They need to keep playing.  It's a joke.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2020, 06:43:51 AM »

Sometimes it takes half the season for a team to gel. At the beginning of the season, guard play was a question mark, but Conley has grown into the PG role even though he'd rather not be in it. Sharp is improving every game and Livingston has been a real good surprise at PG, too. Vaughan getting his basketball legs has been a big key. His all around play is getting better and better. They are playing as a team, not individuals.

Tigers can't fall into a trap game at EC next Friday, though. If they get through that, the gym should be packed for the game vs LP on Tuesday. I have to give some props to the students, they are showing up for games and creating a great atmosphere. They were nuts last night.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]