PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Attn: Steamers, Dr., Yepper and other's who's newspaper's are getting worse  (Read 253 times)

Crabber

• Hall of Fame

Now nobody has to care about these schools but just look at how this newspaper covers high school sports.

https://www.dailypress.com/757teamz/

SteamRollers1

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame

My God and PennDead is all but DEAD!
State Football Champions:
1907, 1924, 1925, 1926, 1948, 1978, 1982, 2007 & 2008.
State Basketball Champions:
1927, 1992, 1998, 2000, 2005 & 2008

yepper

• All State

Penn dead is dead. I believe that starting last week  you had to pay a $15 per month subscription to access it.

I love newspapers. Read 4 a day growing up. Patriot now publishing 3 times a week. Local York papers with a 6 P. M. deadline for a paper printed in Delaware and delivered here. Seems the more advanced tech wise they get, the earlier the deadline gets. We say around here that the Saturday paper is like Friday never happened. Our two papers are operating under a Joint Operating Agreement which ends soon. One of them will disappear.

many years ago I participated in a subscriber panel. One thing we  were almost unanimous about was local coverage, whether news or sports. Now what we get is AP articles and Tribune news.

For many years I got the Wall Street Journal. If I was awake with the window open, I could hear it hit my porch about 11:30 each night. They got the market closing numbers, got it printed and got it distributed to my door step by that time.

We're losing a lot and sadly it's not coming back.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame

I found a way around the Penn Dead subscription thing.  If you have one of the free registrations that are used to comment, you can pull the article up.  As soon as you have it up you have about 3 seconds to take a screenshot of the page before the popup obliterates it.  You can then read it offline.  Won't do it often but, at least there is a way to get around these money grubbers.

Crabber

• Hall of Fame

So for $9.95 a month not only do you get the 757 sports as you see below you get the complete Daily Press with complete sports pages pl,us The Tidewater Review and also the Virginia Gazette in a email every morning

Read Today's eNewspaper   ?
Read Breaking News
at dailypress.com
Looking for Tidewater Review? Click here.
Looking for Virginia Gazette? Click here.

eNewspaper

Daily Press   

Contact us:
customerservice@dailypress.com
or call (757) 913-557

Good Morning!

Read Breaking News
at dailypress.com
Looking for Good Morning!

Read Breaking News
at dailypress.com
Looking for Virginia Gazette? Click here.

eNewspaper

Daily Press   

Contact us:
or call (757) 913-557
 eNewspaper

Daily Press   

Contact us:
or call (757) 913-557