PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Hartman's in Columbia  (Read 43 times)

yepper

• All State
Hartman's in Columbia
« on: October 09, 2019, 01:05:04 PM »

driving eastbound on Route 30 just past the Codorus Creek bridge the other night, a brand new billboard got my attention!

It's for Club Goodtimes with a rather comely lass gracing it. The address said Union Street in Columbia! 

Wait a minute, that's Hartman's! As in Hartman's! Yes Hartman's!

Now in the distant past I and some friends have been know to frequent that establishment once or twice (may have misplaced or omitted a digit here).

This place was a real dive. We often wondered how it stayed open, kickbacks and bribes maybe. First we would stop at Dietz's in Columbia for some normal priced beer, play the shuffle bowl game they had in the basement (we really liked that) and then head for the 5 buck beers, cover charges and other things at Hartman's.

At one point we would send a scout in to check out the talent before committing to the cover charge. Trouble is the old 'Girls Look Better at Closing time' line was working here. I will say that none of the ladies looked anywhere as good as that lass on the billboard.   Nevertheless we always went in!

Am I going to visit Club Goodtimes? No, I'll just let those good memories of Hartman's RIP.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Re: Hartman's in Columbia
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 05:43:15 PM »

LOL Yepper.  I thought I either player or partied in every bar in a 5 county area but, I don't remember Hartman's.  Then again those years are a bit fuzzy and I could have been a regular there!

Crabber

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 06:25:05 PM »

I'm gonna leave that one alone

yepper

• All State
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 07:31:41 AM »

I'm willing to bet BFRR spent some time there!

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 10:41:14 AM »

I'm willing to bet BFRR spent some time there!

I'm sure he did Yepper.  His place of choice later in life was Smith's Hotel.  We made a few road trips down there for cheesesteaks and then went to catch a ball game.