PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: best girls volleyball match of the year  (Read 15 times)

yepper

• All State
best girls volleyball match of the year
« on: October 08, 2019, 10:23:22 AM »

Monday 10/7/19 @ Delone Catholic

Trinity comes in at 13 -0 having not lost a set yet this year. Delone lost first two matches to York Suburban & York Catholic but is undefeated since including the rematch with Suburban.

Set 1 tied at 24, Delone player is called out of bounds going for ball, goes to 25 - 24 Trinity and they win 26 - 24.

Set 2 Delone goes up 7 - 2 time out Trinity. Ex coach volleyball friend tells me you call T. O. for two reasons, to preserve the lead or to break a servers rythem during a run.  It works as Trinity wins the second set 25 - 17. That's 23 - 10 Trinity since the T. O.

Set 3 Delone hangs in there. Some balls start to fall their way and they hand Trinity there first set loss of the year 25 - 23.

Set 4 Delone starts out big again and Trinity calls a T. O. at 8 - 3. Doesn't work this time as Delone wins 25 - 21. We're going 5!

Set 5 Delone dominates from start to finish to win 15 - 9 and take the match 3 - 2.

Good loud crowd, maybe 30 - 40 from Trinity. My first time ever in the Delone gym. Low ceiling that is in bounds. I counted 13 balls hitting it. Little dark. Snack bar getting a buck and a quarter for a candy bar.

Hell of a match.