PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: MLB Playoffs!  (Read 546 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: MLB Playoffs!
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2019, 12:15:30 AM »

Houston wins tonight 4-1 but Washington is still up 2 games to 1

With the Astros win should see Cole pitch again in possibly Game 5

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2019, 12:15:06 AM »

Houston defeats the Nationals 8-1 and tie the series up 2 games each. Now it's a series!

Scherzer and Cole will be pitching in Game 5 Sunday

emm8

• All State
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2019, 12:02:49 AM »

Scherzer and Cole will be pitching in Game 5 Sunday

Really bad timing for WAS to lose Scherzer, and have to use Ross, especially as Cole was back to fantastic.

Hou 7  (3-2)

Was 1  (2-3)

I wasn't listening/watching close enough to hear if Scherzer was day to day, or out.  I'm sure he'll try to pitch if it gets to game 7.

I don't know whether the WS and NFL games started at roughly the same time, or not (had to be close), but the baseball game finished about 30 seconds before the NFL game.  I guess baseball just takes too long!   :o 

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2019, 10:04:04 AM »

Nationals win last night 7-2 over the Astros and the World Series will comedown to a Game 7 between Scherzer vs. Greinke or at least that's what they said would be the pitching matchup last night

And is it just me or have these games been ridiculously long. Makes it hard to watch IMO

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2019, 10:15:38 AM »

I broke out my Montreal Expos ballcap to try to rally things for the old Expos earlier in the week lol.

Anyways regardless of who wins exciting that we're heading to a Game 7 with a solid pitching matchup.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2019, 07:30:51 AM »

Nationals win last night 6-2 and they are your World Series Champions

Astros coach is coming under some criticism for not putting in Cole in the 7th inning after pulling Greinke. Greinke had a 2-0 lead but gave up a homerun and a walk in the 7th and was pulled after only 80 pitches. Astros coach decided to put in one of his middle relievers who has not been pitching well and he quickly gives up a 2 run homerun and gives the Nationals the lead 3-2 and the Astros didn't score again.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 07:46:22 AM by hs »

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
  • That's why they actually PLAY the games....
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2019, 07:55:26 AM »

Astros lost this game (and a couple others) because they looked like the Pirates with men on base, then couldn't get anyone on base late.

Stranded 10 or 11 runners early, then had only 1 baserunner over the final three innings.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2019, 09:17:12 AM »

Cole's reaction: https://sports.yahoo.com/m/728deb6c-0009-3b1f-b219-bfc0a23a0e5f/gerrit-cole-wears-boras-corp.html

IMO, it will be a mistake for Cole to leave Texas and go to New York or California. Just think of all the taxes he will have to pay in those two states! But I guess when you will be making that much money paying state taxes doesn’t matter that much maybe?

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2019, 10:46:54 AM »

California is home for him. I fully expect him to go to one of those teams (except for Oakland obviously).

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2019, 04:25:05 PM »

Cole's reaction: https://sports.yahoo.com/m/728deb6c-0009-3b1f-b219-bfc0a23a0e5f/gerrit-cole-wears-boras-corp.html

IMO, it will be a mistake for Cole to leave Texas and go to New York or California. Just think of all the taxes he will have to pay in those two states! But I guess when you will be making that much money paying state taxes doesn’t matter that much maybe?

Doesn't matter much because almost every city, afaik, imposes a local tax on the income an athlete earns when his team is in town. A couple years ago, someone took a picture of McCutcheon's paystub in the Chicago Cubs visitors clubhouse. I'm sure if you do an internet search, there's an image of it. It's pretty amazing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]