PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Springsteen turns 70  (Read 49 times)

yepper

• All State
Springsteen turns 70
« on: September 22, 2019, 09:32:33 PM »

WXPN doing top 70 Springsteen countdown on Monday.

I'll go with Born To Run as #1

just one mans opinion!

yepper

• All State
Re: Springsteen turns 70
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 01:17:45 PM »

top 10

#10 Growing Up

#9 Kitty's Back        have to admit, not familiar with this one

#8 Jungleland

#7 Bad Lands

#6 The River

#5 Darkness on the Edge of town

#4 Incident on 57th Street

#3 leading right into Rosalita

#2 Thunder Road

#1 Born to Run

emm8

• All State
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 04:01:42 PM »

#9 Kitty's Back        have to admit, not familiar with this one

#4 Incident on 57th Street

#3 leading right into Rosalita

Kitty's Back is off the "The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle"  It's the second studio album, just before "Born to Run".

Great song.  "... well there hasn't been a tally, since Sally left the alley" ..."here she comes, here she comes, here she comes,"

For my money, "The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle" is his best work ever, even though, it was part of his problem with his record label.  He was under great pressure because his 1st two albums were critically acclaimed for the music, but disappointed in sales.  This album has 3 of the 10 you listed above on it.  Actually, 7 of 10 are off his 1st 3 albums.  I've always maintained that the 1st 4 albums were his best, and then the mood changed from pure rock & roll to more social consciousness.  Both worked for me, but I still prefer the straight out R&R much more.  Way more party than PC.

I saw Springsteen at the old Syria Mosque (Pgh) in the late summer of '75 when "Born to Run" had just been released.  The place held 4,000 tops, and couldn't have been more than about 60% full.  I've got a story about the show, but am short on time at the moment.  I also missed a trip from Pittsburgh (while home from Edinboro on Xmas break) that winter to Meadville (Allegheny College) to see him again due to about a 20" snowfall up in the snowbelt (Erie/Meadville area).  My roommates made the trip, and loved it...probably no more than 1,200 fans showed.  I've regretted since and have been razzed by them about it ever since.   :'(

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 09:59:38 PM »

Born To Run is def my fav Bruce song, and Cover Me is my fav underrated Bruce song.
"there is a light that never goes out"