PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Future HS Stars .  (Read 279 times)

mrquadeast

• Jr. Varsity
Future HS Stars .
« on: September 10, 2019, 01:02:50 PM »

Would like to hear about the future Friday Night Skylights stars ....As I'm watching my sons last year in midgets , I can't help to wonder where some of these kids will be in 2-3 years....So far I have seen a pair of Running backs at Plum that were pretty good. To me one of them was a little stronger and faster , I hear he is pretty good wrestler also. McKeesport had a couple big kids at RB but were more power backs. The kid that I have now watched 3-4 times , once on Basketball court is "scoop smith" now at Woodland Hills ....This kid is only in 6th grade as is on another level , he has been blessed with speed and vision , can start and stop on a dime ......Reminds of a Steve Breaston....I cant remember his name but Jeanette has a 6th grader with tons of potential. Have not seen him yet this year , but sure he wont disappoint...

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: Future HS Stars .
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 06:15:14 PM »

Here in Beaver County, there are only 2 local midget teams this year in youth football, Aliquippa and Brighton Twp (Beaver school district), all the rest of the teams are from Youngstown. It seems the trend is now Jr High level football teams.

ogres1

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 07:08:48 AM »

Aliquippa now does Junior High  not Midgets...

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 01:07:07 PM »

Then there are no more midget teams in Beaver County. It's wierd Aliquippa is not on BF's posted jr high schedule, though.

mrquadeast

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 03:41:58 PM »

I was not aware of this trend regarding some midget programs. I did talk to a friend in Thomas Jefferson. Midgets end in 6th grade and they have a 7th and 8th grade middle school team....I would love to see more schools bring back 9th grade teams , I think there might be 12-13 Ninth grade teams

E Q KIMBAL

• Varsity
« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:41:48 AM »

Jeannette has a midget program but numbers are dwindling. There is still talent in the the program so hopefully some of these young one will develop to help the others out. The group of kids that surprised everyone one ran roughshod over their opponents in the Big East midget program and were invited to the inaugural youth national championship in canton are sophomores and freshmen on the high school teams and not surprisingly getting playing time. Coach Hall is quick to point out how talented his freshmen class is. Well he has a great group of seniors but the juniors and sophomores have a ton of talent as well.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:58:09 AM »

"Future Stars".  How many of the midget/rec league superstars turn average when they get into highschool and play against people just as good or better than the competition they had running the ball on daddy's loaded team. Then the 'fans' want to know what is wrong with his coach. I guess you can tell I don't like this type of ball.  I see in South Fayette the young kids play FLAG football...no pads or helmets and South Fayette puts together some pretty good teams without little kids dressed up like Jack Lambert.