PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Pens 2019 - 2020 Regular Season  (Read 911 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: Pens 2019 - 2020 Regular Season
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2019, 08:21:35 PM »

Pens down to 9 forwards now as ZAR has left the ice and Hornqvist never came out for the 2nd period

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2019, 08:43:38 PM »

this game has officially gotten out of hand. 5-1 now Jets as Murray has no rebound control and gives up the 4th and then gives another one over the glove to make it 5-1

Pens challenging though as they think it was offsides. IMO, doesn't matter though. Murray looks really bad tonight

Offsides. No goal. Jets still up 4-1 though

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2019, 10:31:19 PM »

So if the pens are going to go this way - Bad game, then a good game and then a bad game, this season won't be too promising. Jets were only able to take 22 shots but unfortunately 4 of them went in.

Pens are gonna have to figure out how to play without Malkin, Bjugstad and probably Hornqvist now for a while

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2019, 11:27:54 PM »

Thought Murray was shaky, too. His glove hand and rebound control really aren't up to snuff.

Rutherford is going to have to retool the roster in a hurry. They can't afford to carry 9D, at least 1 has to be sent to WBS and even then 8 is too many. Don't call up yet another career AHL'er/fring NHL'er like Agozzino, bring up a prospect like Borkqvist and/or Bellrieve.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2019, 07:31:35 PM »

Pens/Ducks tonight. I realize that most had this circled on their calendars as Daniel Sprong revenge night.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2019, 08:17:32 PM »

Crosby scores on the power play but unfortunately the Ducks score 30 seconds later to tie the game back up 1-1

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2019, 09:02:55 PM »

Pens and Ducks 1-1 after two periods. Really good deflection goal from Crosby but a bad goal given up by Murray as he was not close enough to the post and let the goal sneak past him

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2019, 09:17:25 PM »

Guentzel with his first goal of the season gives the Pens a 2-1 lead. Crosby and Simon with the assists

Donít want to jinx it but Crosby has been racking up the points so far

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2019, 09:45:08 PM »

Pens win 2-1 over the Ducks. A nice gritty win tonight for the Penguins.

Marino played over 16 minutes tonight. I really like the way he played and i think he is making his way to a permanent spot on the team

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2019, 11:01:14 AM »

Pens played a nice, team game. They worked hard for their 1st goal and could've been crushed by Murray letting in a bad goal 30 seconds later to tie the game, but they weren't.

I have to say that Dominik Simon played an impressive game. He made skilled plays on both goals. On the winning goal, Simon did a great job getting the puck away from a Duck player and out to Sid.

I did notice that Ana took a lot of liberties with the Pens smaller players with Gudbranson being a healthy scratch. Wonder if Sullivan noticed that, too? I don't think Johnson or Agozzino hit the ice in the 3rd period. If Sullivan doesn't trust these 2 to play, they shouldn't have been recalled. He can't burn out Sid this early in the season.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2019, 09:20:43 PM »

I feel that Marino and Rikkolla should be permanent fixtures on defense but GMJR is going to have a hard time n moving both Johnson and Gudbranson

I feel the only reason Johnson is still on the ice is because of his good penalty killing skills

I also agree on Crosby but man is he playing great right now. I also feel that if there is one person that wants to be on the ice as much as possible probably more than Letang is Crosby

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2019, 06:06:49 AM »

Gudbranson is a deterent when he's on the ice. You don't want Crosby and Bluegar to have to be "enforcers". If Riikola is just going to be a healthy scratch, he should be sent down to WBS to play regular minutes.

If Rutherford wants a trade, he should be talking about moving Schultz. I like Schultz, but he's a pending UFA and some team will offer him more than the Pens want or maybe can afford to pay. Since they like Marino so much, he's a ready replacement and the Pens would at least be able to get a useful player in return.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2019, 10:43:38 AM »

The only reason that I disagree on moving Schultz NOW is that if they are to make a run at the cup I'm sure they would envision him being part of it. Depending on the return of course.

With all of that said I am completely in agreement that I do not expect him to be a Penguin next season barring something else major happening. I agree completely that someone will overpay.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2019, 11:21:50 AM »

Pens seem to be in love with Marino, so move Schultz. They don't have takers for Gudbranson or JJ and Schultz would bring a return.  They could return to their preferred R-L and offense-defense D pairs. Letang/Dumo. Petterssen/Gudbranson, JJ/Marino.

Also, Pens sent Agozzino back to WBS and recalled Blandisi.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2019, 02:46:35 PM »

Pens seem to be in love with Marino, so move Schultz. They don't have takers for Gudbranson or JJ and Schultz would bring a return.  They could return to their preferred R-L and offense-defense D pairs. Letang/Dumo. Petterssen/Gudbranson, JJ/Marino.

Also, Pens sent Agozzino back to WBS and recalled Blandisi.

I really like the way he is playing. Hell, I'm in love with him! I agree with you. If GMJR can't find takers for Gudbranson and Johnson, then I agree, move Schultz. I would love to see him move one more to get Rikkolla on the ice
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9