PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: BC Humane Society rescues 41 cats and 19 dogs  (Read 424 times)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
BC Humane Society rescues 41 cats and 19 dogs
« on: August 16, 2019, 05:00:39 AM »

It was on local news the other day that, the Beaver County Humane Society rescued 41 cats and 19 dogs from two different homes in Beaver County. I visited recently and noticed BCHS was already brimming with cats and kittens. The cats reportedly are friendly and the dogs alongs with their puppies are adorable. If you've been thinking about adopting a pet...

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: BC Humane Society rescues 41 cats and 19 dogs
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 03:35:13 PM »

Nice post bfgrad. My younger son just adopted a dog from the BCHS. Itís a pit bull/terrier mix and it the most sweetest and friendliest dog. These dogs get such a bad rap. The Humane Society actually found this dog on the streets and they said from the looks of him being undernourished and dehydrated, he was probably roaming the streets for at least a few weeks. Found out he had worms and the BCHS thinks that someone mightíve came up here from the south to work and let the dog go. Who knows why but he is all good now

I also heard a rumor that Beaver County in an attempt to cut costs cut the humane society from the countyís budget so they are on their own and rely on donations. Havenít gotten this verified but I have heard this from several people so if anybody has some money burning a hole in their pocket.....

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 05:32:55 PM »

Good for your son! I'm not really a dog person, but my cousins adopted a dog years ago - German Shepard mix - and she was the best dog, just very loving and playful. They had a very hard time letting her go when she got cancer late in her life.

The county did cut funding to $13,000 in 2016, then 0 in 2017, BCHS got $10,000 in 2018 and $10,000 in 2019.
This is down from the $50,000 BCHS got prior to 2016. It's a pretty minimal amount.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 08:07:54 PM »

Some pictures of the adoptable rescuded cats and dogs:
https://www.timesonline.com/entertainmentlife/20190815/living-conditions-were-deplorable-humane-officer-rescues-60-dogs-cats-in-separate-incidents

That's just sick to me how someone could have this many animals in their house and not take care of them. I don't know what kind of punishment if any is handed out to people that do this but it should be severe

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 02:13:16 AM »

In most cases, the hoarding is not intentional. It just snowballs, then the owner gets overwhelmed.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 06:55:53 PM »

I see this a lot at my work. There are some who take in strays and can keep up with the financial and emotional responsibility.  With others their hearts are in the right place, but they are not aware of the massive responsibility and as mentioned things snowball. 

Itís been harder on Fayette County as our SPCA was shutdown a few years back.  We have a animal shelter but they are always full. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1790-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 09:15:05 PM »

I just read an article online in the Beaver County times about the house in Ambridge where they found all those cats and I am 99.9% sure the man named is the guy I went to high school with in Hopewell! He is being charged with over a hundred animal abuse charges

It may be just me but I just can't understand how people let this get out of control so much. I understand that their hearts may be in the right place but I can't see how people don't see that they need help or just give up the animals. Just very sad to me

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 04:53:32 PM »

Looking at the BCHS website, it seems a lot of "the Ambridge 41" are now up for adoption.