PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Forgetting or ignoring history part 2  (Read 433 times)

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Re: Forgetting or ignoring history part 2
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2019, 11:07:38 PM »

Trump WANTS to be mistreated by the media because it rallies his base. He only cares about support of his base, nothing else.

Unfortunately, he needs more than his base because this election he won't be running against someone nearly as unlikable as he is.   

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2019, 11:36:26 PM »

Agreed. I think heís pretty much a lame duck already. Donít think any of these debates or the noise involved with them means a whole lot. Millions of people are going to come out for the first time with the soul intention on beating him.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 11:44:01 PM »

BT, I think we know it will be Biden, Sanders or Warren and all 3 beat him head to head.  Biden with a huge Black base of support will just about lock up PA and he'll also pull a lot of moderate Republicans across the country.  I think the most entertaining debates would be between Trump and Warren because you know he'll start his Pocahontas stuff and she'll make him look like a fool! 

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2019, 06:22:14 AM »

I don't know. The more I watch these debates or listen to the Democratic candidates talk at their rallies or be interviewed, the more I think Trump has a chance to be re elected. Warren and Sanders are out there saying they want a complete ban on fracking. That won't help them in places like Texas, Ohio and even PA. But even with that I have said before I don't think Trump will get re elected. I do think Republicans will probably pick up seats in the House and Senate and I think unfortunately, will be stuck with a Biden or Warren as president. I still think Sanders is way too radical

And to the Trump tweet storm YIG. About tweeting about the pollsters I agree with you but tweeting about fake news and the media I have no problem with because he is just fighting back or if you want to call it defending himself most of the time. These stories on CNN about the spy in Russia came out days before 9/11 and CNN kept running it after they were told they were wrong. People have a problem with Trump calling out the media because before Republicans would just roll over and take it and were afraid to say anything. Now Trump is in there and he has no problem calling them out on their BS and I personally have no problem with it either.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2019, 09:21:37 AM »

Hs you're missing the point.

It's 9/11 at 8:15 am. We all know what "happens" in the next hour in 2001.  The a-hole President picks an inopportune time to randomly initiate a fight with the media. That is all.

It was unprovoked. It was petulant. It was not Presidential. If the media does not report the President's words/Tweets then they are simply not doing their job.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:24:21 AM by yannessa_is_god »

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2019, 09:43:35 AM »

Track  It would depend where they come out  I read some time ago The Democrat may receive 5,000,000 more votes and lose  Trump only needs to keep everything along with Wisconsin and he wins  He does not need PA or Michigan  Or win one of them and lose Wisconsin  I mean if he cant do that he should lose. And if he does lose he goes back to being a good businessman Oh well should we feel sorry for him LOL

A little facts here  Trump is polling near Obama was heading into the Election year  Obama won 

Hillary  She was a terrible choice  She lies and is corrupt IMO but she did get as many votes as Obama in 2012  Almost 66,000,000

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2019, 09:52:13 PM »

Thatís assuming he holds onto North Carolina or Georgia. Which Iím fearful he wonít. Things are trending blue in both of those states.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2019, 10:17:46 AM »

Just for the sake of sanity...I keep hoping that there is some 'white knight', somewhere in the Democratic party that will have the balls to deal with all the crap and rise up and be a real candidate for President. It actually is scaring me that one of these present candidates just might win...not because of their platform, but as a backlash.  What they are preaching is completely crazy...promising all the FREE stuff that will cost us Billions if they get a chance to try it.  It is becoming vogue to just overlook anything good that Trump has done and just go with the mob mentality to 'get him'

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2019, 10:42:59 AM »

Coach  Great Post    Not sure of his record but if a guy like Mitch Landrieu would have ran  I think he wins or has a chance. Biden is a disaster. Sanders has NO shot and Warren will not win Middle America (I'm starting to think she will be the nominee)   Your last point is why Trump will win   If things are rolling along I find it hard to believe Americans would be stupid to vote him out because oh we dislike him   

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2019, 06:00:37 PM »

People are dumb so Iím afraid they will vote him out for free things.

Again, they donít talk about rewarding work. They talk about rewarding everybody. Itís scary to think you could be ďgivenĒ a job with a ďlivable wageĒ like Sanders and Warren suggest. What if you stink at your job? Or donít show up? The entire conceit is complete insanity.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2019, 10:09:34 AM »

There's more to being a good President than a good economy, and even that is on much shakier ground than Trumpians care to admit (if they are even aware just precarious the economy is after the tax cuts and with the ongoing trade war).

It would be easier to argue that Trump is in the running for worst POTUS ever than even "good POTUS." Literally any of the 10 on that stage and tens of millions more would be an "improvement" over the Donald.

With that said (and I admittedly have not finished the debates yet) I will agree with coach99 and BT that the Dems have to do better. Granted, the "free stuff" is hyperbole considering that Klobuchar/Biden and Buttigieg to a lesser extent fall short of those kinds of promises, but Bernie, Yang, and Warren in particular are promising the world. Granted, Americans are easily fooled (63 million voted for a guy who promised that Mexico would pay for the US/Mexico border wall, for example) but to the credit of those making outlandish promises Americans don't like honesty, either, if it impacts their pocket books (see: Mondale...which is one reason that Klobuchar is doomed).

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2019, 10:27:46 AM »

Klobucher is good. Iíd have no problem voting for her.

I think Trump is better than our previous two presidents. Donít think heís good by any means more like the past two have been bad in Obamaís case and all time bad in Bush.

emm8

• All State
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2019, 12:05:43 PM »

There's more to being a good President than a good economy, and even that is on much shakier ground than Trumpians care to admit (if they are even aware just precarious the economy is after the tax cuts and with the ongoing trade war).

Agreed.  The tax cuts/economy gains were based upon a GOP predicted rise in GDP to 3% from the fairly stable 10 yr average of slightly above 2%.  Without that rise to the 3% threshold, the deficit will balloon, and is already showing signs of that.  The burgeoning deficit is why Trump wants interest rates to be reduced.  It'll reduce the deficit (bond interest payment/liabilities) significantly.  But those actions also have negative ramifications for other areas of business and personal finance.  The rates should be set by free market forces, not by what will make the POTUS look better.  For that he should try more spray tan!   ;D  For people in their early late 50's to mid 60's, like myself, the short term stock market gains are greatly appreciated (from a purely selfish perspective).  But I know in reality that I'm gaining while my children (now both in their 30's) will be footing the bill.  I justify all this by telling them that, with any luck, after a long, long retirement, there might be some leftover for them.  Better very late (for them) than never.  What is really occurring here is something that occurs every Christmas on a much smaller individual scale.  People go out and max out the credit cards at Christmas, and enjoy their gifts, but come late January/February the bill comes due...and buyers remorse.  You younger folks (my children included) are helping to boost my retirement nest egg.  I have already taken measures to scale back our exposure to equity investments.  Better to get out before the top (though not totally).  For this I truly thank you all.

BTW, being that real estate investors were probably the single largest beneficiaries of the tax cuts, POTUS stood as one of the individuals to gain the most from said plan.  So, it may not have been you all who were the intended beneficiaries.  You just happened to reap the temporary crumbs that resulted.  But that should keep many happy...for a while.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 12:50:33 PM by emm8 »

emm8

• All State
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2019, 12:38:35 PM »

Granted, Americans are easily fooled (63 million voted for a guy who promised that Mexico would pay for the US/Mexico border wall, for example) but to the credit of those making outlandish promises Americans don't like honesty, either, if it impacts their pocket books (see: Mondale...which is one reason that Klobuchar is doomed).

Don't forget "My (Trumps') plan will be better, cheaper, keep your doctor, and cover pre-existing conditions!"  tick, tick, tick...we're still waiting.

As I've stated previously on here.  The "WALL" jibber-jabber is fodder for his base, and will just further infuriate the left, especially when tax payer funds previously earmarked for the military, environmental, and social programs are confiscated (and not from the Mexican gov't).  Virtually no one would contest a wall that was built with OPM.  Additionally, said funds were not approved with a majority in the house or senate.  A true better health plan by any name, that does most, if not all, of the stated (promised) above would go a lot further to win votes from across the aisle; although at this point, that may not even be possible now.  Add to the fact, that the GOP is not at all "jiggy wit dat" idea of improving or besting Obamacare.  They just want it gone! 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 12:42:29 PM by emm8 »

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2019, 02:25:53 PM »

For better or worse Dems seem to be hitching their wagon to health care, whether incremental improvements on the AFA (Biden/Klobucbar), incremental improvements on the ACA with an ultimate goal of universal healthcare by 2030 (Buttigieg), or the almost immediately going for universal single payer (Warren/Yang/Bernie) the Dems all have a serious take on healthcare.

I suppose like anything else though what they could/would accomplish would depend on Congress. And that is where I can defend Trump's "repeal and replace" promise as not his fault that he has failed...congressional Republicans have never submitted a replacement plan. While it is debatable as to how many Americans (both sides) actually like Obamacare, a strong majority will concede that it is better than no healthcare plan.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4