PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Forgetting or ignoring history part 2  (Read 432 times)

RyanHS93

• Varsity
Re: Forgetting or ignoring history part 2
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2019, 11:04:56 AM »

God  Does your job provide healthcare  Listed expense below  I hope you have 3 boys because with girls I see Wedding Expenses in the future  I get it  though living a quality life is EXPENSIVE

Politico  US/Japan reach a trade deal   I wonder if Trump will get other countries in the fray to take on China  China would be in big Trouble if other Countries get on board

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2019, 08:23:25 PM »

3 boys thankfully haha.

Since we both work full time we both pay health through our employers.

My whole point that rant was simply how disproportionately expensive childcare is.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 08:50:26 PM »

Democrats are continuing to misunderstand gun control in my opinion. The silent majority and I hate that term lol has proven to be up for status quo on guns. Maybe some common sense background checks. Beto wants confiscation. He’s polling at 1% in his own party. That’s not a viable platform. And they’re completely missing public perception.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 04:18:25 AM »

Democrats are continuing to misunderstand gun control in my opinion. The silent majority and I hate that term lol has proven to be up for status quo on guns. Maybe some common sense background checks. Beto wants confiscation. He’s polling at 1% in his own party. That’s not a viable platform. And they’re completely missing public perception.

He's not the only one who wants confiscation or "mandatory buybacks" as they are calling it. Once again I feel nothing will get done as the Democrats will go too extreme in what they are asking for and the Republicans will want to do barely anything to appease the NRA so they will go back to their corners and scream to their bases that they tried but the other side (both of them) are too radical and nothing can get done

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 08:42:20 AM »

Exactly hs.  I tend to lean to the left on a lot of issues but, have voted for Republicans many times, and I'm a gun owner.  I really believe we need to really tighten up the background checks and make it tougher for certain people to own guns.  Hey, if I want to purchase a gun, I don't feel it's a huge inconvenience to wait a little while for a background check to be completed.  I doubt outlawing automatic weapons will do a whole lot, although, I wouldn't be opposed to it.  The buyback program would only get the people you wouldn't have to worry about anyway turning their guns in.  Plus, it's not hard to modify any rifle that accepts a clip and turn it into a full automatic.  So, it really comes down to making it more difficult for certain people to purchase a weapon.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 11:11:43 AM »

I agree with everything you said Downriver except for me, I am more Republican but voted Democrat only a few times. LOL. And I am also a gun owner but trying to ban automatic weapons or doing a mandatory buyback will never fly in America. I completely agree with harder background checks, if you have any mental issues in your background then maybe you shouldn't be able to own a gun IMO. Biggest thing of all is Governmental departments need to share information. No reason why the FBI should know something and the State or local departments have no idea or vice versa.

Problem with trying to ban automatic weapons is that the Democrats will try to take it a little too far. Biden said when asked about automatic weapons is that he " has no problem banning a gun that can shoot multiple times". Either that was another gaffe or he just wants to ban a gun that can shoot more than once?

They need to make it harder to purchase a gun and make the laws more harsh for people who get caught using or buying guns illegally 

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 09:58:11 AM »

CNN last night  The Republican's won NC seats BUT not by enough LOL 

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 11:12:13 AM »

I did see a good article (I can't remember where) regarding questioning of whether or not for Dems to pump money into Texas rather than somewhere like, say, North Carolina, where Barrack Obama won in 2008 and narrowly lost in 2012.

The almost obvious is that they will be spending money in PA/MI/WI, but the thoughts are what else to do from there.

In Texas, for instance, there are many House seats well within reach (as evidenced by the "Texodus"), but the best that I have seen it put (in terms of being skeptical of Texas going blue in a Presidential election in 2020) is that "there is no way that Texas is one of the first 270 electoral votes in favor of a Democrat." In other words, could a Democrat beat Trump in Texas? Sure. But will Texas be the state that puts the Democrat over? Almost certainly not. A Democrat only wins Texas if they win back PA/WI/WI/OH/FL first, keep NV/CO/MN, and I would focus on more winnable states like NC and IN before focusing on amounting a full scale assault on TX. Should they run a 50 state campaign or something to that extent? Sure...the Hillary strategy is living proof why not to do the alternative. But money needs to be proportionately spent.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 11:14:59 AM »

Oh, well..two more nights of 'debates' from the clown crews. Are they blowing smoke up each others asses or trying to do it to the voters? I get embarrassed everytime one of them speaks with their wild claims and promises of everything 'free'  Didn't Russia give free  everything to the people......except freedom.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 11:16:03 AM »

With all of that said it is 9/11 and the anniversary of the 9/11/01 tragedy.

While many viral Facebook memes that appear to be patriotic are masked political ploys, there is one that I like that seems to come around every year regarding 9/12/01 and the unity and patriotism shown by Americans after that day that any of us who lived it will never forget.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 07:58:06 AM »

9/11 was pretty disgusting this year as I would've hoped the media would maybe take a day off of bashing Trump but nope, that didn't happen. Media a twitter had fun bashing Melania's wardrobe and they also couldn't get enough of talking about how national security is in disarray after Trump fired Bolton or he quit, whichever story you believe. It's funny how the media hates the people when Trump hires them but then somehow loves them after they leave.

Also, has anybody seen the story CNN has been running about how Trump was so bad in securing classified information that the CIA was worried that one of their spies in Russia was not safe so they pulled him out? Only problem with this story is that it never happened under Trump and the Washington Post, NY Times debunked the story and even the CIA put out a statement saying this story was factually incorrect. This actually happened under Obama in 2016 but CNN still insists on running the story to make it about Trump and Russia.

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 11:49:21 AM »

I did see that  That network turned into a joke  I loved Erin Burnett but I think she went crazy  I like Chris Cuomo  I watched him hammer both sides

For all the talk of Michigan Wisconsin both states I think he will win and PA he may not have to win any of them.  If he can flip Nevada and Minnesota and keep everything else he gets his 2nd term    The guy is winning all around  His policies are fueling the financial markets. His choices are changing the courts. And he is cutting illegal immigration basically all by himself  It would be a stunner to me if he loses 2020  I do think he should take some measure on guns. Really nothing can be done but to try would sway voters on attempt

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 04:19:50 PM »

I think he’s doing a pretty good job on most things too but I DONT think he has a chance. I think turnout will be up significantly because he’s such an unlikeable character.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2019, 05:23:54 PM »

Hs,

Trump "celebrated" 9/11 with a Tweet storm attacking pollsters and the "Fake News Media."

Essentially what you are asking his opponents to do is either turn the other cheek or bend over and take it. My point being that if the POTUS had a single ounce of dignity or honor it never would have come down to having to make that choice.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2019, 07:13:35 PM »

Trump WANTS to be mistreated by the media because it rallies his base. He only cares about support of his base, nothing else.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4