PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Camp begins!  (Read 269 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Camp begins!
« on: August 12, 2019, 11:56:09 AM »

From what I understand Training Camp begins today for most schools with the first round of scrimmages happening this Saturday!

Just checking to see for one if there are any stories aside from Jeannette's field turf, as well as a health check to see who is still around for 2019?

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
Re: Camp begins!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 05:26:31 PM »

Story of my Red Raiders is will their head coach finally get a win as he starts season 3.  Uniontown has the longest losing streak in the WPIAL currently. 

For Fayette County the story is always how many games can we win against non Fayette County schools.  The other story will be AG and their independent schedule.  Pending their success do other teams look to make the jump knowing next year is a new 2 years cycle in the WPIAL. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1788-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

hitman66

• All State
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 02:09:09 PM »

YiG,

I'm around.....just have been having issues with devices/other things, though.  Looking forward to the season, and have been meaning to check in.

big ike

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 07:30:57 PM »

Story of my Red Raiders is will their head coach finally get a win as he starts season 3.  Uniontown has the longest losing streak in the WPIAL currently. 

For Fayette County the story is always how many games can we win against non Fayette County schools.  The other story will be AG and their independent schedule.  Pending their success do other teams look to make the jump knowing next year is a new 2 years cycle in the WPIAL.

After seeing the AG Schedule and CLA's post I stand by maybe Fayette county either joining D8 for football for a mutual "City/Country" divisions. I think it would fit the scheduling needs. I would honestly competitive wise take take the upper tier city league teams to win more at first. But due to similar lack of resources the scores are not going to be as bad as WPIAL. 5 games in Fayette, 5 on the turnpike to the city. The key is they would all have to decide, right now AG is on that island.

City League Advocate

• Cum Dracone et Draco Semper
  • Administrator
  • All State
  • Sorry, I'm full up on Goddesses.
    • The Moonlight Scribbler
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 11:13:27 AM »

After seeing the AG Schedule and CLA's post I stand by maybe Fayette county either joining D8 for football for a mutual "City/Country" divisions. I think it would fit the scheduling needs. I would honestly competitive wise take take the upper tier city league teams to win more at first. But due to similar lack of resources the scores are not going to be as bad as WPIAL. 5 games in Fayette, 5 on the turnpike to the city. The key is they would all have to decide, right now AG is on that island.
Not knowing a thing about Fayette County football, I for one, would not mind seeing a merger between the City and Fayette County teams if for no reasons than to see some new blood on the South Side. Looks like the top team's in the City this season will be Allderdice, Westinghouse and U-Prep. Those teams could win a few games against the mid-tier schools from Fayette County.  The lower half of the league, Brashear, and Perry (Carrick isn't playing a full City schedule) could eke out a win or two against comparable Fayette county teams.  Given the overwhelming disparity between the City League vs the WPIAL over the years, I always tend to lean towards D7 schools in predicting matchups between D7 and D8. It might take City fans a couple years to get their heads around such matchups as more than a one-off. The majority of non league games involving City League teams overwhelmingly are away from Cupples, although more teams are willing to travel into town these days.  But i'd would being interested in A City/Fayette mashup.