PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Steelers 2019  (Read 2629 times)

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
Steelers 2019
« on: August 09, 2019, 05:38:59 PM »

To me the biggest story of the season is can Ben prove himself correct by winning the AFC North calling whatever plays he wants to.

For the entirety of Todd Haleyís tenure they made the playoffs. When Ben handpicked his OC they immediately missed them.

For whatever reason the local fans and media have completely ignored this. So maybe Iím crazy and there is no correlation. Think we will learn more this season.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: Steelers 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 11:12:53 PM »

FWIW, agree with you.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 11:21:42 PM »

The first half zipped along in a hour, but the 2nd half was ugly with all the subs, flags, challenges, reviews.

Thought all the qbs looked good, poised under center and in the pocket for Dobbs and Rudolph, but Hodges worked only from the shotgun. Washington made really nice catches with his hands. Boswell made all his kicks, right down the middle.

I was interested to see how Buggs did at DT and he was (good) noticeable. Layne looked overmatched. Bush and Barron were around the ball, but they both seemed not completely in sync.

Arians is an a$$.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 02:45:13 PM »

As a Steeler fan I'm so glad Antonio Brown is the Raiders problem now.  They saved 50 mil and got two draft picks and all the Raiders got was his bad attitude and the possibility he'll never suit up for them.  I'm loving this.

emm8

• All State
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 03:26:09 PM »

As a Steeler fan I'm so glad Antonio Brown is the Raiders problem now.  They saved 50 mil and got two draft picks and all the Raiders got was his bad attitude and the possibility he'll never suit up for them.  I'm loving this.

I get the sentiment, but until we see how good (or bad) the Steeler passing/receiving game turns out to be, I'll reserve judgement for now; but yes, the subtraction of the drama is refreshing.  How much of that drama is contrived for the "Hardknocks" promotion; or just his personal publicity machine, also is undecipherable at this point in time.  Time may tell.

The Raiders new brain trust of Gruden and GM Mayock (the NFL Network supposed combine genius) were made out to have fleeced the Steeler brass in the trade.  Time WILL tell on that front too.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 03:44:22 PM »

Also Iím not defending Todd Haley. More defending anybody who may be qualified to be an NFL offensive coordinator and that is not a handpicked stooge by BR himself.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 04:14:45 PM »

BR has gotten his way with his preferred OC, Fichtner, who will let him do what he wants. BR wanted to be the ringmaster of the offense and now he is. If the offense flops, that's on BR. Madden had a ridiculous column in the Trib the other day pinning the success of the entire season on Chris Boswell. The season doesn't ride on the PK, the defense or STs, it's strictly on the shoulders of the guy who wanted his way and got it. He will have to put up or shut up.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 06:46:22 PM »

If anybody is upset that the Steelers got rid of AB and donít forget about Bell, the question that needs to be asked is what did they win with them here and the answer is nothing so use that money you are saving and resign players and move up in the draft and get players like Bush

I also think that if the Steelers disappoint this year a lot of the blame will have to go to Ben. He has gotten everything he wants with this offense and if they falter, he will have no excuses. I also think it would be smart for Tomlin to tell Ben no more Tuesday show on the Fan with Cook!

KernKraft400

• All State
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 08:19:56 PM »

Midseason form here in the PSB.  Blaming an entire season that hasn't started yet on Ben. 

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 09:04:35 PM »

Well itís a lot more insightful than reading newspaper columns blaming things on a kicker.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 11:16:46 PM »

Midseason form here in the PSB.  Blaming an entire season that hasn't started yet on Ben.

;D ;D ;D Yeah, but that's what makes the PSB unique!!

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 07:57:17 AM »

Can't speak for hs, but BR spent most of Haley's tenure trying to undermine him because BR was unhappy his buddy Arians got fired. This despite changes that kept BR upright and are at least partly the reason BR's career is still going. Now BR can run his preferred style of offense, passing most of the time and ignoring the run. If the offense sputters, no excuses accepted.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2019, 03:32:49 PM »

Steeler WR coach Darryl Drake passed away unexpectedly at age 62.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2019, 04:44:12 PM »

Very sad news regarding Coach Drake. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Regarding Ben vs Haley vs Ben and Fichtner, I'm not as concerned about that as I am no Munchak. I think that if the offense fails this season, it will be a downgrade at OL coach more so than being removed from a supposed downgrade in play callers. I actually personally liked Haley's offense as well, but he obviously isn't the highest regarded around the league, either, as he is currently unemployed after his disastrous tenure in Cleveland where the offense immediately improved considerably under his successor.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 06:59:45 PM »

I expect Ben to want to prove something this year after the drama last year and Brown and Bell leaving. So I wouldn't be shocked if he has a big year, I also wouldn't be shocked if he threw 25 interceptions, could go either way. I like the RB trio but they still haven't replaced Bell's receiving yards, and probably wont but Connor as the workhorse and Samuels catching balls should work well again  . They really need Vance McDonald to stay healthy and be  there as a checkdown option, he's the only TE on the roster that can be a threat after  he catches the ball.

Expecting a much improved defense with Shazier finally being replaced and for some of these younger secondary guys like Davis, Sutton, Hilton, etc I'm hoping they have good seasons. It's time for Davis to take the next step and become one of the better safeties in the league or it's time to scout his replacement. Burns' seems to be done.... in PGH at least
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19