PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Steelers 2019  (Read 1678 times)

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
Re: Steelers 2019
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2019, 10:32:06 PM »

This could really backfire if Rudolph were to get injured. Not sure I like the risk.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2019, 09:26:57 AM »

Steelers trade a first round pick to Miami for Minkah Fitzpatrick.

They gave up their next year's first round pick for a cornerback? Not too sure about this move especially if the Steelers do bad this season that first round pick may turn out to be a very high pick in the draft

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2019, 09:38:03 AM »

Obviously the Steelers do not see themselves in tanking mode. Very encouraging. They are definitely betting on Rudolph and themselves, unlike the Colts when Manning was injured or last time Luck was injured before this (conversely the Brissett lead Colts are definitely "betting on themselves" as well as evidenced by the contract that they gave Brissett).

Again, brilliant move if they win 6+ games (Fitzpatrick was 11th overall in 2018...the 6 win Bengals drafted 11th in 2019. While draft capital can easily change over the course of 2 years, I would say that his value is still around the same). But like you two have said terrible move if they do tank (5 or less wins).

With that said the Steelers rarely tank. They have not been a last place finisher since 1988 (5-11). The Bengals and Browns and even some Ravens teams have been worse than that since. Losing their starting QB for the season two weeks in is probably the biggest crisis that they have had to weather during that span, though, unless I am forgetting something.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2019, 10:22:17 AM »

Fitzpatrick says he's been miscast as strong safety. This seems like a total panic move by Colbert. Miami is having a fire sale, why offer your 1st round choice?

The only plausible explanation is they feel this is Hilton's last year with the team, Sean Davis is hurt worse than anyone is admitting, Joe Hayden is hurt worse than anyone is admitting, Kameron Kelly is a bust, they have no faith in Marcus Allen.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2019, 12:56:04 PM »

Honestly this trade is the Steelers putting all of their eggs in the Rudolph basket.

I would say if you believe in Rudolph, say, enough to honestly believe that they are a playoff team if he stays healthy, then this trade is a good thing. If you see them as a bad team with Rudolph at QB then this trade is awful.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2019, 02:42:33 PM »

I think Rudolph will be just fine, tbh. I think the trade was unneccessary. The problem with the defense isn't the DBs, it's the"front 7" scheme that's neither fish nor fowl. Fix that by either a full time 3-4 or 4-3 and you fix the defensive backfield problem. Colbert would have been far better off trading for the stud NT they've needed since Hampton retired.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2019, 05:17:17 PM »

Iím just excited to see if Tomlin is actually a good coach, or not. Donít think heís ever been given full reins on the team until now. I think theyíre going to surprise people.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2019, 06:16:31 PM »

Steelers also signed Paxton Lynch to their practice squad

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2019, 08:28:00 PM »

Iím just excited to see if Tomlin is actually a good coach, or not. Donít think heís ever been given full reins on the team until now. I think theyíre going to surprise people.

Sure. I could also see this going both ways (either they shock the world and win the division or they finish 5-11 bad). Their range of outcomes is crazy.

I did see however that their Supberbowl odds went from 40-1 to 100-1. So the betting community does not see this as Drew Bledsoe to Tom Brady lol. With that said if you do now would be the time to place a wager!

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2019, 06:46:02 AM »

Division at 5-1 looks pretty juicy to me actually.

Indians87

• All State
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2019, 08:28:16 AM »

Rudolph the red zone savior!

Steelers win the division with him and Fitz.  Here we go!

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2019, 02:55:45 PM »

I am also excited to see how Rudolph and Tomlin do, if we are picking in the top 7-8 picks in the draft, Rudolph isnt the guy and we just traded away our #1 pick that we could of drafted a new franchise QB with. Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love Minkah Fitzpatrick, I was hoping we would draft him somehow ,he could be the leader of that secondary, maybe the entire defense, for the next decade. Giving up this draft pick might be a huge mistake though if we go 3-13! The Steelers defense now has 8 first rounders, one sits the bench but this defense should be able to put Rudolph in a position to win most of the next 14 games.

If this season turns into a dumpster fire the Pittsburgh Pirates would be proud of I think it's time to fire Colbert, Tomlin, and every coach on the staff and start over with a new GM and HC. On the other hand if we somehow  make the playoffs after starting 0-2, Tomlin deserves another even longer extension. But honestly I don't think that will happen.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 02:57:57 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2019, 08:37:33 AM »

The more I am hearing and reading about this trade for Fitzpatrick, the more I think it was a good deal. That is of course if Butler uses him right and can get this defense which has a ton if first round draft picks on it turned around

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2019, 10:00:41 AM »

Haven't been around much this week, but people are seriously mad that we got Minkah Fitzpatrick?
"there is a light that never goes out"

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2019, 02:23:37 PM »

Area of concern for me this game is the 49ers have lost Hall of Fame tackle Joe Staley for 8 weeks and a rookie is starting in his spot.  How well can he hold up protecting Jimmy G's blind side? 

The 49ers secondary is getting better with Richard Sherman teaching the young kids around him.  The secondary vs the Steelers WR should be a fun battle as well.

The Steelers defense better stop the run as the 49ers ran all over the Bengals last week with multiple backs and that opened up the passing game for Jimmy and his group of young WR.  There is also the George Kittle problem.

Can't wait for tomorrow.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1788-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14