PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: 2019 PSB Fantasy Football League  (Read 1551 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: 2019 PSB Fantasy Football League
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2019, 12:53:52 AM »

Some days just don't work out.  Ended up with 66 points.  This is the same lineup that got me 160 a couple weeks ago.  Glad we're not playing for money. LOL

I'm kinda glad you had an off week because all of my players underperformed also but Matt Ryan, David Johnson and Will Fuller killed your team!

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2019, 12:37:56 PM »

Some days just don't work out.  Ended up with 66 points.  This is the same lineup that got me 160 a couple weeks ago.  Glad we're not playing for money. LOL

I'm kinda glad you had an off week because all of my players underperformed also but Matt Ryan, David Johnson and Will Fuller killed your team!

Yeah hs, they killed me big time.  But this week, it wouldn't have mattered who I had in there, I was screwed.  Unlike week 4 where I left 120 points on the bench, including Ryan and Fuller who had 85 points between them. 

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2019, 01:14:13 PM »

Had a good week going until Kerryon Johnson gimped out with a bum knee after garnering me a whopping 2.3 points.  Will be so pissed if I lose tonight!
"there is a light that never goes out"

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2019, 04:50:08 PM »

I should’ve started Brees over Wilson today but I never thought he would throw as much as he did. Everyone else on my team had average days and all I have left are 3 Chiefs players ( Hill, Kielce and McCoy ) but Mahomes is out so it is not looking good for me

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2019, 10:15:49 PM »

Only if I would’ve started Drew Brees, I would’ve won this week and pulled the upset. Oh well

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2019, 11:23:33 PM »

Only if I would’ve started Drew Brees, I would’ve won this week and pulled the upset. Oh well

LOL hs.  I finally got one right and started a perfect lineup and hung 180 on previously unbeaten Brownsville Falcons.  I'll probably revert to stupid DR next week!!

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2019, 09:45:50 AM »

Russell Wilson having a career day throwing for almost 400 yards and 5 touchdowns and Lindsay for the Broncos and Landry for the Browns getting late touchdowns saved my bacon this week

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2019, 12:26:55 AM »

I lost to undefeated team in my pay league by 0.4 points thanks to NY fumbling the ball with 6 seconds left and Dallas picking it up and running for a TD.  He had the Dallas kicker so the EP gave him the point he needed.  Has to be craziest way to ever lose a fantasy game.

That fluke score also pushed the total score to over, so some angry gamblers out there as well.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1788-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2019, 08:05:23 AM »

I lost to undefeated team in my pay league by 0.4 points thanks to NY fumbling the ball with 6 seconds left and Dallas picking it up and running for a TD.  He had the Dallas kicker so the EP gave him the point he needed.  Has to be craziest way to ever lose a fantasy game.

That fluke score also pushed the total score to over, so some angry gamblers out there as well.

Ouch! That's awful. The betting community that hurt some also as that gave the game it's "over" score.

The fourth quarter of that game hurt me as well in my most important pay league. The Prescott final TD play put my opponent ahead of me in what would have been a huge upset (my team had BYEs plus the Mahomes and David Johnson/Edmunds injuries). But losing on a PAT would be gut wrenching. You may be in stat correction territory though?

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2019, 08:38:00 AM »

Ouch! That's awful. The betting community that hurt some also as that gave the game it's "over" score.

The fourth quarter of that game hurt me as well in my most important pay league. The Prescott final TD play put my opponent ahead of me in what would have been a huge upset (my team had BYEs plus the Mahomes and David Johnson/Edmunds injuries). But losing on a PAT would be gut wrenching. You may be in stat correction territory though?

You're the 4th person to mention stat corrections possibly saving me.  I am holding out hope though seems like a long shot.  To be fair though what happened last night was a long shot as my friend who beat me turned the game off.  I texted him what happened and he thought I was lying to him.  He's still undefeated and I'm fighting for a playoff spot even though I've scored 3rd most points in the league and more points than he has. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1788-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2019, 08:58:40 AM »

Just be patient I don't believe that NFL official stat corrections come down until Wednesday or Thursday. I have never won or lost a game on one that I can recall (although I see it happen maybe once every other season) but two years ago one did impact my playoff seeding (we do straight points as tie breaker it swapped the 3rd and 4th seeds which were within a point of eachother I was the 5 seed and it impacted my first round opponent and I lost my playoff game while I outscored the team that I originally was going to play).

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2019, 09:57:23 AM »

It's never happened to me personally but I've seen horror stories on social media of stat corrections affect games before.  Usually it involves when a swing pass is converted to a rush or vice versa.  Affects the PPR aspect.  Once in a great while, a sack will be changed to a TFL or just a regular tackle and that can be a factor too. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2019, 10:17:00 AM »

The other one lately are forward handoffs out of the shotgun that teams like Arizona and KC and Baltimore love to run. It looks like a run, feels like a run, has the same purpose as a run, but statistically it is a forward pass. Certainly impacts PPR or half PPR for the RB/WR/TE involved, but also impacts QB yardage, completions (if you have stats for that), and even passing touchdowns.

Another possibility is yardage is reviewed. We are mostly talking .1 for the yard, but some leagues do bonuses (i.e. a 40 yard catch run or pass bonus, a bonus for a RB or WR hitting 100 yards, or  QB bonus for 300 yards). I'm always worried/suspicious when a RB finishes with 99 or 100 yards exactly, or if a play is ruled a 39 yard completion exactly, etc.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2019, 06:28:47 PM »

draftkings was labeling a lot of Rudolph's forward handoffs as rushes at first, then fixing them but it was during the game as the official scorer changed them

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2019, 01:22:16 PM »

Glad I was able to take a second at work and check my lineup as the Chiefs benched McCoy late due to fumble issues. I don’t think the RB for Miami is going to do too much for me but something is better than nothing I guess
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9