PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: 2019 PSB Fantasy Football League  (Read 1134 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Re: 2019 PSB Fantasy Football League
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2019, 09:08:33 AM »

OprtnShtdwn,

Same with my big money league. Schedules are manually written. 12 teams 13 weeks before playoffs so we would play 2 teams twice. Week 13 for us is "rivalry week" as well where we play our long standing rivals/friends...basically the Army/Navy, Ohio State/Michigan TJ/West Mifflin effect.

OprtnShtdwn

• All State
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2019, 11:08:59 PM »

OprtnShtdwn,

Same with my big money league. Schedules are manually written. 12 teams 13 weeks before playoffs so we would play 2 teams twice. Week 13 for us is "rivalry week" as well where we play our long standing rivals/friends...basically the Army/Navy, Ohio State/Michigan TJ/West Mifflin effect.

I like the rivalry week.  Since we're on Year 14 of our league, we have it setup so you never play every team twice in a season once every 6 years.  Creates some fairness in the league so certain teams are continuously loaded up against better players.  Also, Week 1 is always a rematch of our Super Bowl.

I tried this year to actually push the playoff teams from 6 to 8 but i only got 5 out of 12 votes.  In that format, you'd only play 12 weeks but the top 2 would get a double bye to the semis in Week 15 while  the 3 & 4 seeds got a single bye into the quarters.  It's quite alot to ask seeds 5-8 to win 4 games in a row in the playoffs, but on the flip side it keeps the bottom seeds playing to try and get into the playoffs.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2019, 08:48:24 PM »

Seattle uniforms tonight!!!
"there is a light that never goes out"

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2019, 11:11:50 PM »

They hurt your eyes.  Nicky your Ram & Seattle guys are killing my Ram and Seattle guys! LOL

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2019, 08:20:35 AM »

They hurt your eyes

college buddy of mine posted on Facebook that no man should be running around in public wearing that much chartruese!

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2019, 10:28:27 PM »

Scoring across the fantasy football world was complete and utter insanity today.  Individual players scoring 30+, 40+, even 50+ points regardless of points formats.  Crazy. 

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2019, 11:33:46 PM »

Scoring across the fantasy football world was complete and utter insanity today.  Individual players scoring 30+, 40+, even 50+ points regardless of points formats.  Crazy.

Nicky, the beauty of fantasy football is sometimes you guess right and sometimes you guess wrong.  I had 3 guys that I pulled at the last minute and benched.  The guys I benched scored 103 points today including one with over 54.  The 3 I put in their place scored 20.  So much for my insight.  LOL  With me and T4L both losing, you have a 2 game lead in the division.  We're going to have our work cut out to make the playoffs!!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 11:41:48 PM by Downriver »

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2019, 06:01:11 PM »

I'm holding out hope Barkley can return and salvage by season in our league.  It's funny as I have Run CMC in my pay league which is carrying me, and the only reason I didn't draft him first in our league is because I wanted to have someone beside CMC.  That's kind of stupid on my part now!
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1788-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2019, 07:51:44 PM »

I'm holding out hope Barkley can return and salvage by season in our league.  It's funny as I have Run CMC in my pay league which is carrying me, and the only reason I didn't draft him first in our league is because I wanted to have someone beside CMC.  That's kind of stupid on my part now!

The concensus #1 was supposed to be Barkley. Obviously in hind site everyone would have picked CMC.

I only had 1st overall once ever (which is impressive how long I've been doing this)  2006. Larry Johnson was the concensus pick. He had a nice season but if I recall he was hot and cold and just had volume going for him. On the other hand LaDanian Tomlinson who probably went second in most leagues set the NFL touchdown record that season. 

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2019, 09:16:07 PM »

The concensus #1 was supposed to be Barkley. Obviously in hind site everyone would have picked CMC.

I only had 1st overall once ever (which is impressive how long I've been doing this)  2006. Larry Johnson was the concensus pick. He had a nice season but if I recall he was hot and cold and just had volume going for him. On the other hand LaDanian Tomlinson who probably went second in most leagues set the NFL touchdown record that season.

I had LT that year and he carried me to a title.  It was league through Sporting News and there were no playoffs.  Whoever finished first won the league and I went 14-1 that year.  Won $100.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1788-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2019, 03:55:37 PM »

Figures I worked last night and didnít get up to adjust my roster. Hill is back playing for the Chiefs and is killing it but he is sitting on my bench. He was a game time decision and I k ew I shouldíve just put him in my lineup but I didnít. Oh well

He has gotten more points today than all three of my receivers combined over the past two weeks!

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2019, 08:29:22 PM »

Also picked up WR Robbie Anderson from the Jets but also left him on my bench.

I left 48 WR points on my bench today between Hill and Anderson

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2019, 11:44:48 PM »

Also picked up WR Robbie Anderson from the Jets but also left him on my bench.

I left 48 WR points on my bench today between Hill and Anderson

I feel your pain HS.  Last week I left 103 points on the bench.  This week 51.  So I guess at least I'm improving. LOL

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2019, 04:36:03 PM »

Took a gamble and picked up the Rams defense after they traded for Ramsey and they got me 22 points today. Nice!

Probably gonna be hurting though the next few weeks as I am Chiefs heavy with Kielce, Hill and McCoy. Mahomes out is gonna hurt probably many fantasy teams
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:46:47 AM by hs »

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2019, 11:07:24 PM »

Some days just don't work out.  Ended up with 66 points.  This is the same lineup that got me 160 a couple weeks ago.  Glad we're not playing for money. LOL
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8