PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: 2019 US Open at Pebble Beach  (Read 73 times)

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
2019 US Open at Pebble Beach
« on: June 10, 2019, 10:03:56 AM »

Should be lots of hype for this as Thursday approaches.  Not only is Pebble Beach a famous, historic and beautiful site....it's three hours behind us.  So we'll have major golf going into prime time, especially on Thur/Fri before the field gets pared down.

Tiger and Phil have great history at PB.  DJ is always a favorite.  Rory is on fire after this past weekend in Canada.  Koepka is the hottest player in Majors dating back to 2017.  Rickie and Rahm are looking for their first.  Spieth is playing better.  Guys like Cantlay, Jason Day, Adam Scott, Finau and Kuchar always play solid.  And the young stars like Justin Thomas, Xander Schauffle, and DeChambeau are close to breaking thru.  Not to mention the Europeans: Rose, Fleetwood, Molinari, etc....
"there is a light that never goes out"

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
Re: 2019 US Open at Pebble Beach
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 09:51:04 PM »

Canít wait.  I love when it is on the West Coast as a lot of guys donít tee off until after I get home from work. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1788-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 09:33:52 AM »

Assuming you have the ability to play any professional sport at a high level..which one would you prefer to play?   I would think professional golf. The venues..basically top end country clubs, etc and all the world wide locations...and no one is running at you to take off your head as you try to putt.  I know starting out and being a 'rabbit' going from qualifier to qualifier and hoping to get and keep a sponsor is rough, but you see some guys and women hanging on finishing down the leader boards and still earning a nice living.  And  with golf, you can go on to the Senior Tour and continue playing for a long time.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 10:23:34 PM »

Definitely looking forward to the US Open!

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 10:23:54 PM »

Feels like a British Open thus far.  Cool weather, shorter course, the ocean/sea back drop to every hole.  Lots of low scores today. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 06:57:48 AM »

Feels like a British Open thus far.  Cool weather, shorter course, the ocean/sea back drop to every hole.  Lots of low scores today.

California got some rain lately and no wind yesterday made the course relatively easy for these players

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 09:11:56 PM »

2nd round and the course is getting a little firmer and the greens are a little faster. I think itís gonna be near impossible for people like Koepka and Woods who are 5 shots back to make a run at the lead

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 11:25:37 PM »

I agree hs.  That is one tough course.  They were showing the green on the 14th hole and the guy dropped a half dozen golf balls to show what would happen if you didn't land your shot above the hole.  All 6 balls rolled downhill about 45 feet. LOL  That kind of thing plus, those cliffs right off the greens.  I did see a couple guys climb down and play the ball instead of take the penalty stroke!  This should be a fun next two days.  I was supposed to be installing gutters on the house, but I quit at 2 PM and watched 8 hours of golf.  Hey, they'll still be there Monday when the tourney is over.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 07:23:39 AM »

I agree hs.  That is one tough course.  They were showing the green on the 14th hole and the guy dropped a half dozen golf balls to show what would happen if you didn't land your shot above the hole.  All 6 balls rolled downhill about 45 feet. LOL  That kind of thing plus, those cliffs right off the greens.  I did see a couple guys climb down and play the ball instead of take the penalty stroke!  This should be a fun next two days.  I was supposed to be installing gutters on the house, but I quit at 2 PM and watched 8 hours of golf.  Hey, they'll still be there Monday when the tourney is over.

Ya that 14th hole is just nasty. Not only a near impossible green but such a tight fairway to hit into. Pull a drive into the rough and it would be near impossible to stop a ball on the green. A lot of strategy in their shot making will be going on this weekend and I love it!   

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 09:03:11 PM »

Woodland is playing out of his mind making pars from off the green and 40 feet to keep his lead.  Rose keeps chipping away however with birdies. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1788-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 11:12:25 PM »

Woodland is playing out of his mind making pars from off the green and 40 feet to keep his lead.  Rose keeps chipping away however with birdies.

Tomorrow should be excellent.  I'm wondering how Woodland is going to handle the pressure.  Besides Rose, you have Koepka and a handful of others 4-6 shots back as well.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: Today at 06:22:46 AM »

Woodland chipped in twice to save par. Koepka shoots -3 but couldn't make up any ground and stayed 4 shots back. Final round on Sunday should be really good

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: Today at 08:09:36 PM »

Great final round going on right now. Seems like the pressure is getting to Woodland, Rose and Koepka. Koepka was coming on strong but has been driving into the rough the past couple holes. Woodland bogeys the 11th and 12th and is now -11 and 1 shot up on Koepka and 2 up on Rose

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: Today at 08:51:13 PM »

Koepka 2 shots back with 2 holes to play. Woodland should have this unless something happens his last 3 holes. Rose is now 5 shots back as he has been spraying the ball around the course

No commercials for the rest of the coverage! Happy Fathers Day to me!