PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Summer League, Fall League, off-season news  (Read 993 times)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: Summer League, Fall League, off-season news
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2019, 08:43:50 AM »

Stopped at Ambridge last night to check out the Tigers vs Northgate. The game wasn't competive as Northgate did not reach double digits in points until about 10 minutes left in the game. Tigers played good, hustling defense and scored points off it. I don't think this is the best shooting team, but we'll see. They have a pretty good looking up-and-coming freshman PG. He nearly went to OLSH along with BJ Vaughn, but decided to stay at BF. This season they finally have some height with Glass and Dmitri Nesmith at 6'4"+ and Hauser a big strong kid underneath. Last year's sophs are bigger and stronger now, too.

I think this is going to be a pretty good team and challenge for the section title. They look to be together as a group as well.

bftigers

• All State
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2019, 07:12:29 PM »

Factor in more toughness and height with these football players...6 ft 3 Noah Vaughan, 6 ft 3 Darrin Nesmith, 6 ft 4 Kyzier Cleckley and his brother, Jabari, who is around the same height. Rebounding should not be an issue.

If they can develop a few guards, they will be good to go.
Harris and Conley need to be better. The freshman is Isaiah Sharpe. He's the real deal I heard.  They were thrilled to see him stay and for the Vaughn kid to leave.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:17:29 PM by bftigers »

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2019, 09:00:55 PM »

I think Conley and Harris will be fine at G. They were improved just from summer league from what I saw last night. Sharpe looks like the real deal although he's not real big. Cam Glass is more filled out and stronger. He blocked a couple shots and the kids on the bench went wild. He's not timid like he was as a freshman. Kai Hauser is much stronger under the basket and getting good at rebounds and put backs ala Donovan Jeter. Dmitry Nesmith is the most improved, though, to me. I'm thinking BF could easily have a 9-10 kid rotation.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2019, 10:01:59 AM »

Isaiah Sharpe is a great athlete, should be playing football too! Kid has amazing speed. Good kid too. I could see him being like Cadee Akins except a little more capable of scoring buckets in the half court offense, not just off turnovers created.

Brad Vaughn Jr? Where did he transfer to?

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2019, 10:43:37 AM »

OLSH. His dad is still disgruntled over being passed over when Biega left.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2019, 01:15:06 PM »

lol. Is he still the girls coach or not?

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2019, 03:53:06 PM »

AFAIK, yes.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2019, 08:06:01 PM »

Watched BF vs SF this evening. Tigers were a little short-handed, but they played great defense and won by 6. BF's playing in 2 fall leagues, the PBC one and one in New Castle. I don't think they've lost in either league yet and have wins over NC, Northgate, Hickory and SF.

I think this is going to be a pretty good Tiger squad this season. I think they have a decent shot at winning their section, too.

bftigers

• All State
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2019, 10:23:39 AM »

Watched BF vs SF this evening. Tigers were a little short-handed, but they played great defense and won by 6. BF's playing in 2 fall leagues, the PBC one and one in New Castle. I don't think they've lost in either league yet and have wins over NC, Northgate, Hickory and SF.

I think this is going to be a pretty good Tiger squad this season. I think they have a decent shot at winning their section, too.

They aren't beating Lincoln Park.................we can certainly play with them but they are better.  They lost only 2 seniors from a team that won the section, WPIAL and PIAA.....that is it.  And they are bringing in more reinforcements...someone from East Liverpool I heard.  It is just ridiculous and will continue forever down there.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 10:38:45 AM by bftigers »

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2019, 01:55:32 PM »

I think BF is definitely good enough to beat LP. They are going to go 8-10 deep and their big guys now have 2 years of experience and growth. Their defense wasn't very good in summer league, but they've kicked it up a notch in fall league. At least 3-4 of the kids are honing their skills with Sheldon Jeter before school every day, too.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2019, 11:17:54 AM »

BF was supposed to play Bishop Canevin this past Wed, but ended up playing Ambridge instead. Ambridge had most of their starters while BF had its usual contingent of players. It was kind of a varsity vs JV game and the results showed it. Ambridge is going to have one of the bigger front courts in 4A. They started kids who looked to range from about 6'4" to 6'7" or 8". Buck, the volleyball player, is a senior now and a much better player. The biggest kid is a soph, I think. He's improved, but still not a great ballhandler. They look to have a couple of guards this year which was their downfall last season.

Despite being a little outmanned, BF didn't play well. They were disjointed and just made a lot of bad decisions with the ball.
I think the coaches are still sorting out the PG situation. They have a freshman PG, Isiah Sharp, who could well start. I'm no expert, but to me, he looks the part - seems to have excellent court sense and is very confident handling the ball. I was told last year he was the best player on the 9th grade team.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2019, 05:32:36 PM »

BF dominated Avonworth on Wed at Ambridge. Tigers had 11-12 kids and rolled 2 complete sets of 5 at a time to play at a breakneck, running, pressing pace. Because of it Avonworth was not able to score in the first half and ended up under 20 pts. Freshman Sharp started at PG. He made a few mistakes, but overall did a good job. Avonworth played hard and wasn't bad defensively. They had a pretty tall wide body kid in the post, but BF really just overwhelmed them.

Tigers finish up with a second game vs Ambridge. BF beat them in summer league, Amb won the first fall league game and now the rubber match.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 06:01:30 AM by bfgrad »
Pages: 1 [2]