PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stadium Upgrades?  (Read 1586 times)

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Re: Stadium Upgrades?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 07:55:10 PM »

I love seeing pictures of the various stadiums around the state.  Back in the day when out visiting other parts of the state, I would see light poles sticking up and would immediately head over to see the fields.  I know on the 'helmet project' you can find over head views of most, but I like the close look like the one you posted above. I don't know if on one of the older boards that there was a thread with posted pictures..I remember seeing the big 'silver stadium' and one on the shores of a lake up in the northeast somewhere.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 11:14:35 PM »

I love seeing pictures of the various stadiums around the state.  Back in the day when out visiting other parts of the state, I would see light poles sticking up and would immediately head over to see the fields.  I know on the 'helmet project' you can find over head views of most, but I like the close look like the one you posted above. I don't know if on one of the older boards that there was a thread with posted pictures..I remember seeing the big 'silver stadium' and one on the shores of a lake up in the northeast somewhere.

I agree coach.  I've been at games in all 12 districts in PA and just love checking them out.  Since I had kids and grandkids play for Middletown, Steel-High, Cumberland Valley, McDevitt and Wilson, Obviously I spent a lot of time in those stadiums.  Here's a ground level shot I took from the field before a Middletown game last year.  They've been packing that stadium since the late 40's.  Small town football at it's best with Middletown and next door neighbor Steel-High and two of the toughest places for visitors to win a game.

SteamRollers1

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 04:30:18 PM »

Here's a drone shot of Middletown's Stadium.

Cool !
State Football Champions:
1907, 1924, 1925, 1926, 1948, 1978, 1982, 2007 & 2008.
State Basketball Champions:
1927, 1992, 1998, 2000, 2005 & 2008

THSfan

• Varsity
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2019, 06:41:51 PM »

Canon McMillan did some upgrades on their stadium. Added all new seating on the visiting side. New locker rooms and upgraded parking.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2019, 08:08:14 PM »

Is the bell still at Canon Mac Stadium?

THSfan

• Varsity
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 03:55:04 PM »

Is the bell still at Canon Mac Stadium?

Yes....That's a tradition. They'll never take it out..

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2019, 10:53:35 PM »

I remember winning a relay at the Canon MAC JV track invitational. I know nothing to brag about. But at the time we were full of ourselves and rang the bell. Boy were they mad lol.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 01:19:13 PM »

Baldwin got a new surface.

OprtnShtdwn

• All State
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 09:03:10 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/1245979515531530/posts/2138407726288700?s=14231080&sfns=mo

Sto new surface. We have soccer lines for some reason though we don’t have a soccer team lol

E Q KIMBAL

• All State
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2019, 08:58:49 AM »

Work at Jeannette is being hampered by the weather I’m not sure they will be done by the deadline. If that is the case it could jeopardize the home scrimmage against Valley.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2019, 08:11:17 PM »

I saw that McGuffey school board has approved a new “gray” field turf for the Highlander’s Stadium.   Seems BVA has started a trend. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1788-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

OprtnShtdwn

• All State
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2019, 12:34:20 AM »

I saw that McGuffey school board has approved a new “gray” field turf for the Highlander’s Stadium.   Seems BVA has started a trend.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2019, 12:21:19 PM »

I really don't like that grey turf at all.  What is the thinking behind McGuffey doing that.  Do they think color  will not fade as fast as green?   I think the gold turf at BV  is sort  of ugly, too. Baldwin has the best looking turf now with the two greens copying the natural look when grass fields are cut in opposite directions every five yards.  Guess I am just old fashioned, but I don't like any of those full color turfs like the blue and red on a couple of college fields. Hard to watch on tv and uniforms blend in too much :)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2019, 12:33:07 PM »

I don't get gray with McGuffey because that has never been one of their colors.

I liken that to the Washington Little Prexies playing on purple turf or Sto-Rox playing on red turf lol (admittedly Sto-Rox green on red would be either awful or awesome).

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2019, 01:10:36 PM »

I really don't like that grey turf at all.  What is the thinking behind McGuffey doing that.  Do they think color  will not fade as fast as green?   I think the gold turf at BV  is sort  of ugly, too. Baldwin has the best looking turf now with the two greens copying the natural look when grass fields are cut in opposite directions every five yards.  Guess I am just old fashioned, but I don't like any of those full color turfs like the blue and red on a couple of college fields. Hard to watch on tv and uniforms blend in too much :)

Baldwin’s new field looks awesome. Plus they made the track black so it compliments the purple logo and end zones much better than the old red track did.
Pages: 1 [2] 3