PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs  (Read 2099 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2019, 05:21:58 AM »

In other hockey news:

Jets beat the Blues in OT 2-1 and tie that series up 2-2

Columbus as several of us stated earlier won 7-3 and sweep Tampa Bay out of the first round of the playoffs

Fleury posts a shutout as Vegas defeats the highly favored Sharks 5-0 as Vegas leads that series 3 games to 1. At least I still have something to root for in these playoffs as Fleury has gotten better with each game

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2019, 06:21:52 AM »

That Blues Jets Series has been really intense from the couple games Iíve watched.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2019, 08:37:04 AM »

That Blues Jets Series has been really intense from the couple games Iíve watched.

I agree. A lot closer than I thought it would be. I thought the Blues would win this series rather easily. Sharks and Vegas series has been really good also. Actually, all the first round matchups have been really good except the embarrassing sweeps of the Penguins and Tampa Bay. All other matchups have been very evenly matched

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2019, 03:59:12 PM »

KR invoked Boston 2013, which I will say this is their third worst series during the Crosby/Malkin era. Philly 2012 and Boston 2013 left them with literally no dignity. At least in this Islanders series they played ok...the Islanders were just lights out for the most part and Lehner was as good as I have ever seen him play.

Agreed with BF that they are too invested into "win now" mode that they are not going to blow this thing up. There is another thread for this so I will weigh in there.

Regarding the Islanders best of luck to them. My rooting insterst now in the East I guess is: Carolina, NYI, CBJ, Toronto, Washington, Boston in that order. I would love to see Carolina/NYI/CBJ represent the Metro well again! Also hoping that Trotz gets the Jack Adams over John Cooper. I realize that postseason has no bearing on the award but still. Isles will have the Toronto/Boston winner in what will be a grueling series.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2019, 01:23:30 AM »

Boston beats Toronto 6-4 and ties the series up 2-2

Dallas beats Nashville 5-1 and also that series is tied 2-2

And to mostly everyone's surprise, Colorado defeats Calgary 3-2 in overtime and takes a 3 games to 1 series lead

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2019, 06:56:30 PM »

Anybody want to hopefully watch a good game tonight, Vegas has a chance to close out the San Jose Sharks tonight at 10:00 PM. Vegas is up 3 games to 1 over the highly favored Sharks. I get the feeling Vegas will lose tonight but of course I will be pulling for Fleury

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2019, 12:43:30 AM »

Figured Vegas would lose and they did. Went down 2-0 early and getting close after 2 power play goals and getting it to 3-2, Sharks were able to get 2 more and win 5-2 but Vegas still lead 3 games to 2 and Game 6 comes to Vegas

Blues come back after being down 2-0 and win 3-2 and take a 3 games to 2 series lead

Carolina defeats the Capitals 2-1 and tie their series up 2 games a piece

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2019, 09:34:08 AM »

Toronto defeats the Bruins last night 2-1 and take a 3 games to 2 lead in their series

And in shocking news, Colorado defeats the Flames 5-1 and win their series 4-1 and move on to the second round. I don't know of anyone who had Colorado upsetting Calgary

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2019, 11:27:36 AM »

First time Top seeds in each conference get bounced in round 1.  Something to be said for having to fight for a playoff spot to the end while other teams arenít playing any meaningful games. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1788-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2019, 09:14:05 PM »

First time Top seeds in each conference get bounced in round 1.  Something to be said for having to fight for a playoff spot to the end while other teams arenít playing any meaningful games.

Very unpredictable playoffs so far. I have been liking all the games and am really enjoying the playoff coverage even with the Penguins getting bounced early

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2019, 07:50:07 AM »

Dallas defeats Nashville yesterday 5-3 and they take a 3-2 lead in the series. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Nashville taken out in the first round, except Washington losing of course

On that note, Washington did defeat Carolina last night 6-0 and they also take a 3-2 lead in their series

Blues defeat the Jets 3-2 and win their series 4-2. They will take on the winner of Dallas/Nashville

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2019, 07:52:23 AM »

Only 2 games today but both can be series clinchers:

Toronto takes on Boston at 3:00 and Toronto leads 3 games to 2

Vegas takes on the Sharks at 7:00 and Vegas also leads that series 3-2

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2019, 05:58:49 AM »

2 good games last night in which Boston and San Jose win to force games 7's

Boston beats Toronto 4-2

And Vegas loses a heartbreaker in 2OT 2-1 and lose game 5 and Game 6. Fleury only gives up 2 goals but they were 2 really bad goals to give up. That loss is all on Fleury IMO. Granted the Vegas shooters gotta score but those were 2 shots Fleury should've stopped. Hertl was shooting on Fleury's strong side all night so on the shorthanded goal in OT you could see Fleury take a small step to his strong side guessing the shot would go there but Hertl put it in on Fleury's short side and won the game for the Sharks.

Hopefully Fleury can bounce back in Game 7 but I don't see it happening for Vegas or Toronto. I'm thinking Boston and San Jose will win their Games 7s at home and move on to the second round 

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2019, 06:09:57 AM »

Dallas defeats Nashville 2-1 in overtime to win the series 4 games to 2 and will meet St Louis in the 2nd round. Nashville was another favorite of many to make the SCF and is knocked out in the first round

Carolina defeats Washington 5-2 and forces a game 7 in that series. Caps were down 3-2 in the 3rd period and thought they got the tying goal but it was waived off for goaltender interference. They said Ovie pushed the goalie's pad into the net which it looked like he did but Washington was furious with the call. That is something that can stick in their head and make them lose focus on game 7 or could solidify them as an us versus the world scenario but we will see

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2019, 06:52:41 AM »

Road game has won every game in the Canes/Caps series, but with that said as I mentioned two weeks ago, there is just something about the Hurricanes...they don't make the playoffs often, but when they do their series record is 9-2 since moving from Hartford, with one Stanley Cup win, a finals loss to Detroit, and a Conference Finals loss to Pittsburgh. In fact, this series resembling their 2009 upset of New Jersey a bit. If you will recall they rallied with two quick goals in game 7 to tie/win the game on the road. Good luck Canes!

And congrats to Dallas on a nice upset! Nick Bonino not working out so well for Nashville. He only had two points in last season's second round loss and only two points (and a -3) in this second round. As much as a youth movement is most appealing for the Pens, I'm wondering aloud if Nashville would be willing to eat some Bonino salary to send him back to the Pens on the cheap.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18