PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: PIAA denies request to add games to baseball regular season  (Read 101 times)

OprtnShtdwn

• All State

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/piaa-denies-request-to-add-games-to-baseball-regular-season/

Really don’t understand what harm adding 4 games can do honestly. Every other state allows you to play more games than PA.  Like they say in the article, you don’t have to play 24, hell you don’t even need to play 20.

Either give us more games or allow us to play multiple games in one day and count it as one contest like the south does. Either way, let us play.

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: PIAA denies request to add games to baseball regular season
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 07:58:34 PM »

It does kind of boggle the mind why they wouldn’t want to have more games. I personally would not mind umping more games

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 06:34:47 AM »

I'm not against more games, but teams have trouble getting in their games now due to spring weather and playoffs can push a season past the end of the school year.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 03:36:16 PM »

it seems with the weather here in western pa. that we wind up playing most of the section games jammed into the last couple of weeks of season.  I always got flamed for suggesting that baseball is one sport that could be cut from high school competition. Most players going on to college come from the leagues that played in the summer months. The high school season simply was a warm up "spring practice' for guys going on to bigger things.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 12:38:30 PM »

I agree a lot of cancellations have to do with weather but a lot also has to do with ADs not having fields prepared a day or two after weather and to me, that is disappointing. Schools need to take a more proactive approach in having fields ready especially a day after rain hits. Shame on you if you can’t prepare a field in a full day

This may not happen at all schools but I can think of several off the top of my head

OprtnShtdwn

• All State
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 12:57:52 PM »

The season doesn’t need to be pushed back to add games. We had zero issues getting all 20 in.

If we’re so worried about rain and such, maybe we shouldn’t take 3 weeks to play the playoffs?  Section plays ends, then we’re off but can scrimmage. Then the pairings and we’re off another 5 days.  The WPIAL playoff format is awful.