PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New transfer rule knocks out Roman Catholic guard from state playoffs  (Read 465 times)

Husky68

• Jr. Varsity
Re: New transfer rule knocks out Roman Catholic guard from state playoffs
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 09:36:29 PM »

If they go to separate playoffs a couple of questions.

1.  Would they reduce the number of classes back to three or maybe four public and two private (not sure how the numbers shake out.)

2.  Would charter schools and schools like Milton Hershey (not sure how many of those there are) play in the public class or the private class? 

swwildcat

• Varsity
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 10:53:24 PM »

So either way this is bs.  SV was better for his education k-8 until he realized he could play basketball and then used his real address to go to a school for sports.
BB, I always disagree when I hear that you must go to a suburban school for a better education as Reading has some of the best programs if they are taken advantage of. A student can fail or succeed at any school depending on their effort and support.

I didn't even want to address that '75, because people that think that way- always will.  Most of it is not racism, but just misunderstanding.  Many just make those assumptions based off of test scores.  RHS has many spectacular AP and College prep offerings that rival many top private schools.  But you won't hear about that because of the focus on test scores, many of which completed by students that English is their second language.  I graduated from RHS and received an excellent education.  I also was accepted into every college I applied for.  I have 2 kids that graduated; both in major colleges.  But that won't change his opinion.

Basketball wise, RHS is the school he belonged at and eventually he went back.  And Ironically, his father stated that he is getting more out of it lol. 

BBFAN

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 10:41:04 AM »

Not saying that reading does not have great education, but what i am saying is it took you up until your kid was in 8th grade to realize you were in the wrong district.  Besides if he was using the address that he currently lives at to attend reading, he would have never been enrolled at SV.  So if that is where he lives then he was using another address in the district to attend SV.  Therefore, his parents choosing to rather send to SV over Reading for school purposes.  Then the time comes when they see he is going to be good at basketball and then start using their normal address to send him to Reading who has a better basketball program.
Pages: 1 [2]