PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Presidential Requirements  (Read 48 times)

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Presidential Requirements
« on: December 01, 2018, 05:01:42 PM »

The only 3 Constitutional requirements to be President. Born in USA. Live at least parts of 14 years in the USA. Be 35 years old.
 Do you think that an additional requirement be added that you must have served in the Military?

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Re: Presidential Requirements
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 12:01:14 AM »

I don't think that would be good.  We'd lose way too many qualified people. 

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 09:08:34 AM »

Agree with DR. Just because Trump is a dipsh!t when it comes to understanding the role of Commander-in-Chief doesn't set a precedent that the POTUS absolutely needs military background. Presidents Clinton and Obama took their roles seriously without military upbringings, and W had a questionable military record yet again took his role seriously. I think that there was only 1 contender in 2016 who was military, and most (Hillary, Jeb, Kasich, Cruz, Rubio, O'Malley, Santorum even Bernie) had a better understanding of the military and their role than the guy who won.

I say this is a one off unless Trump winning paves the way for celebrity presidents. If Kim Kardashian wins in 2020, then whatever. If we weren't worried about Presidential requirements in 2016, why start now lol.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 11:03:33 AM »

2 things I would like to see made law is anyone running for president must release 20 years of taxes or they're disqualified and upon election must immediately put all assets in a blind trust while in office.  This will completely eliminate any issues of impropriety.  Presidents have always done this except for Trump and I'd bet both Bush's who did this are far wealthier than the Trumpster!! 

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 10:01:59 PM »

Iím fairness to ztrump he has been far more responsible in his foreign policy and military usage than the second Bush.