PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: Forgetting or ignoring history  (Read 6451 times)

RyanHS93

• Varsity
Re: Forgetting or ignoring history
« Reply #330 on: July 07, 2019, 09:54:43 AM »

Yes I do   i just hope I have this correct because it happened so long ago   I think Clinton started the process that started the crisis  Bush warned in 2005 or so about it and Democrats blocked him. Democrats pushed affordable housing then   Below is all I care about  Momentum is building  If the economy stays the course he should be awfully strong heading into 2020 

President Trump's approval rating has surged to the highest level of his presidency, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The survey, which was released Sunday, found that 47 percent of registered voters approve of the job Trump is doing in the White House, a figure that represents a 5-point increase from April.

Anyone else looking forward to Mueller testimony  I sure am  The problem he will not answer the tough questions  He will claim some bogus rule

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #331 on: July 07, 2019, 04:45:45 PM »

Maybe Iím missing something but what right have gay people lost since Trump became president? Because the way the women on this soccer team talk youíd think they have been banned from the country.

Another example of the left catering to the rights of people THAT ALREADY HAVE THEM. Worry about workers. People who WANT to work, not creating jobs for people who donít have them now. Because if you arenít working now you simply donít want to or arenít employable.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #332 on: July 07, 2019, 05:59:29 PM »

Maybe Iím missing something but what right have gay people lost since Trump became president? Because the way the women on this soccer team talk youíd think they have been banned from the country.

Another example of the left catering to the rights of people THAT ALREADY HAVE THEM. Worry about workers. People who WANT to work, not creating jobs for people who donít have them now. Because if you arenít working now you simply donít want to or arenít employable.

I don't know if you saw it or not BT, but did you happen to catch the Winter Olympics when they were on not too long ago? All the American Olympic athletes did nothing but trash Trump and Pence over gay rights. I refused to watch any of the Olympic coverage because of that. And I agree with you, what rights were lost under Trump? But it is just not gay people. Other "minorities" are saying the same thing. IMO, Trump has done nothing else but give more people more opportunities than Obama ever did but Trump is the bad one. I guess if he is not giving out welfare and other free money than he is a racist and evil. 

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #333 on: July 07, 2019, 06:21:44 PM »

I do think Trump is a racist. Charlottesville showed that and he even admits he screwed that up.

But I donít think it was leaked into his policies.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: July 08, 2019, 01:28:22 AM »

I do think Trump is a racist. Charlottesville showed that and he even admits he screwed that up.

But I donít think it was leaked into his policies.

I've said it before on here, agree to disagree on Trump is a racist. Biden is on tape saying some racist things but nope, he's not a racist and Harris even says during the debate that she doesn't think he is a racist.

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2019, 09:29:14 AM »

Biden also said Russia would never meddle on his watch LOL  Joe they did   

Track  I believe and I may be wrong Blacks and Hispanics will get Trump his 2nd term   I'm not saying he will win a big % but it will be enough   He can actually run on Criminal Justice Reform Opportunity Zones and School Choice which I think is big  Factor in the lowest unemployment rate among them  1 Million more African Americans and 2 million Hispanics are working today than before  Democrats can talk all they want but Trump is delivering

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #336 on: July 11, 2019, 03:39:27 AM »

Remember way back when Trump was being called a racist when Democrats were saying Trump was stalling disaster relief for Puerto Rico? Trump was saying the island is corrupt and we shouldn't be sending them money for them to cover for their decades old spending crisis that has left the island with deep rooted economic problems.

Well apparently, Trump was right again. Washington Post is reporting that 2 former senior officials who served in the administration of Puerto Rico gov. have been arrested for illegally directing federal funded money to politically connected contractors. 6 more people were charged for awarding contracts with federal monies. They are also saying that out of the 42 billion directed for the islands recovery, only 14 billion has been spent

So instead of saying Trump was probably right, the Washington Post just writes that this will probably gives the Trump administration more of an excuse to delay funds for Puerto Rico even though the Trump admin states Puerto Rico has received more money than Florida, Louisiana, Texas and California. 

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: July 12, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »

Today is a great example of knowing that there are actually people who go to Fox News first for their news simply makes me cringe.

Acosta's resignation is THE news story. The networks and cable news channels all covering the event live. This story is also the headline on the following websites: CNN, MSNBC, NBC, and ABC, is the #2 story on CBS, and is even the #4 story on the far right Breitbart. On Fox News it is #9 without a headline and below 3 AOC stories including the main headline haha.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #338 on: July 12, 2019, 05:11:22 PM »

But I bet the liberal media is not saying a word on how Bill Clinton is linked to that scumbag. No. They are trying to spin it as a Trump story.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: July 13, 2019, 11:11:09 AM »

So now everyone needs to start asking why isnít Congress bringing the USMCA trade deal up for a vote? I am hoping all these midwestern states remember that the Democrats are playing political games with these trade deals and Trump is out there putting his neck on the line trying to get things done for America

Economy is great, job numbers are great and manufacturing jobs are coming back. Remember when Obama said that manufacturing jobs are dead and will never come back? Obama said it would take a magic wand to get these jobs back. Biden will have a tough time defending that if he makes it out of the primaries

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #340 on: July 13, 2019, 05:54:53 PM »

Exactly 

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: July 14, 2019, 09:17:49 AM »

But I bet the liberal media is not saying a word on how Bill Clinton is linked to that scumbag. No. They are trying to spin it as a Trump story.

No. Clinton's involvement has been mentioned on CNN at least. To your point though if this was a Clinton only problem and not a Trump problem Fox would be running this as their top 5 stories haha. Regardless I don't see this as a Trump or Clinton story, which is why Fox News' decision to downplay it is even more astonishing.

Regarding Acosta/Trump relationship, I have no problem with it, nor do I think that Acosta is some kind of monster (ratherb he's simply a swampy political type no different from Trump or Clinton). I will also add that by resigning at least he leaves with some honor (we need more of that, a'la Al Franken). The only thing here where anyone should come away feeling upset or disappointed in Trump is that his Whitehouse's vetting process is a disaster. Hopefully the next POTUS restores normalcy here, and if not here's to praying that Trump learns to appoint the right leaders.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 09:37:06 AM by yannessa_is_god »

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #342 on: July 14, 2019, 09:27:44 AM »

Ryan, yes manufacturing does look pretty good under Trump, although Biden (via Obama) can definitely take at least some credit for that (they made nice gains as well). But the "some jobs are just not coming back" quote is definitely something that will stick with Democratic voters, unlike much of what Trump says with Republican voters.

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #343 on: July 14, 2019, 09:42:32 AM »

I can agree they did create jobs  Obama's recovery though was slow and IMO should have been better.  Things are booming  I rent out properties and people are actually working and paying rent  I mean if you have investments look at your June 30th statement. We actually have what we want  Will it continue I don't know

In Obamaís case, slow economic growth, especially regarding sluggish manufacturing employment, was considered the ďnew normal.Ē The national economy grew by 1.6% in 2016, Obamaís last year.   Also I'm not biased  I voted for Obama in 08  I was a registered Democrat
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 09:44:07 AM by RyanHS93 »

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #344 on: July 14, 2019, 10:19:42 AM »

Ryan....agreed completely, although manufacturing vs investments, as much as that may mean something to you or me, does not necessarily correlate with everyone. So kind of two different things. But yes both have done really well under Trump (and both did well under Obama comparatively to his predecesor). For the same reasons that Reagan is given credit for Clinton era wins or Clinton is given blame for Bush era failures or Bush blame for Obama era failures etc, this current economy definitely is a continuation of Obama era gains plus Trump's tax cut. That is all. I'm not saying that this is Obama/Biden's economy by any stretch, but too many out there simply do not understand economics and what really impacts it. For that matter neither of us are probably experts, either (and if I am assuming incorrectly I apologize in advance).

Regarding the point of my Fox News post back to that, it is simply to check numerous sources. Within the last two weeks we have had some of you assume that AOC is taking over the Democratic Party (false...for better or worse Nancy is ruling with an iron fist), the mass media did not cover or did not cover "fairly" Trump's July 4th speech (completely false...as I noted on 7/4 all three cable news networks' websites essentially has the same headline, and even reaction other than laughing at Trump's gaffes did not savage the speech hardly at all), and assuming that the networks aside from Fox did not report the Clinton's involvement witu Epstein (CNN, the NY Times, and the WaPo at the very least reported it...the Times did I believe even before FNC did) etc. Just ple2read multiple sources before assuming and jumping to conclusions...that is all.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29