PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Forgetting or ignoring history  (Read 2248 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Re: Forgetting or ignoring history
« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2019, 01:46:42 PM »

Like I've said before as bad as Trump's China/trade policy is IMO I will give it time. With that said, quotes like these are what makes it impossible to believe in his plan without thinking or knowing:

"Tarriffs will bring in FAR MORE wealth to our Country than even a phenomenal deal of the traditional kind. Also, far quicker and easier to do."

If AOC Tweeted that the right would be all over this (this is one of the most non sensical statements that I have ever seen...it makes NO sense). With that said, when Donald is the one making the Tweets the right believes it.

And I'm being sincere when I ask for any of you to rationalize or defend that statement, whether taking it as you see it out giving it context that may not be obvious in this Tweet or series of Tweets around it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 01:52:30 PM by yannessa_is_god »

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2019, 09:01:33 PM »

That was true in the 1800ís haha

I am all for tattoos until a read deal is made however.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2019, 06:09:48 AM »

Like I've said before as bad as Trump's China/trade policy is IMO I will give it time. With that said, quotes like these are what makes it impossible to believe in his plan without thinking or knowing:

"Tarriffs will bring in FAR MORE wealth to our Country than even a phenomenal deal of the traditional kind. Also, far quicker and easier to do."

If AOC Tweeted that the right would be all over this (this is one of the most non sensical statements that I have ever seen...it makes NO sense). With that said, when Donald is the one making the Tweets the right believes it.

And I'm being sincere when I ask for any of you to rationalize or defend that statement, whether taking it as you see it out giving it context that may not be obvious in this Tweet or series of Tweets around it.

I can't and won't defend the statement because it was a dumb statement IMO. I know a lot of people think that people on the right defend every word the President says but that is just not true. Trump is not a polished politician and he makes a lot of dumb statements. I feel he says a lot of stuff before thinking it through but I still support what he is doing with this whole trade war with China. We needed someone who is not a politician to stand up to this country for once and I still believe it will turn out good for us in the end but we will see. 

On the same thread I asked you to defend Schiff and his statements and you said you had no problems with Schiff. He is still going to the media and saying he won't back off this whole Russia collusion thing because "he has seen proof". What proof? That is what he won't tell anybody but the media like CNN and MSNBC eat it up when he speaks. 2 years of investigations and millions of dollars spent and nobody has seen any proof except Schiff apparently. Clapper is now back in the media saying these new investigations into what the Democrats were doing and how all these investigations into Trump started are just distractions from the real problem which is Russian interference into our elections and IMO, that is just outright laughable! No one in the media said a word when this was going on back as early as 2014 under Obama and Clapper when they did nothing about it but now when all of this is blowing up in the Democrats faces, Clapper comes out and wants to say the Republicans are the distraction. Even some in the media like the NY Times is starting to see the shams that top Democrats were trying to pull with these spying claims. It's all gonna come out soon I hope

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2019, 08:22:13 AM »

I'm not sure what Schiff or Russia has to do with Trump's Tweet on tarriffs?

I'm not even attacking tarriffs. I don't love the trade war idea but as I've said I can at least respect it as a means to an ends with a chance of success (a small chance, but a chance). I'm just waiting for someone to defend what their president said, because literally if anyone on the left makes the exact same statement the right wing and their media is all over this.  As much as I claim malevolence from Trump and his administration, much of what he says policy wise has me thinking ignorance instead (which is to be expected from someone who never held public office, was not a good businessman, etc) Actually, the mainstream left has underreported this statement as well. CNN yesterday for instance was more focused on the falling value of Trump Tower because of the increasing number of vacancies in the building. Hard hitting reporting going on over there as well haha...

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2019, 08:34:04 AM »

Now hs, regarding Schiff, the collusion part is nearly impossible to "prove" either way, but to be clear again for those who only read Trump's Tweets and his echo chamber, the Mueller Report does not exonorate Trump or his team. I assume that I have read more of the report than anyone else in PSBland, but that's neither here nor there. Schiff IMO should change his tune to "obstruction" rather than "collusion," because the Mueller Report spells out pretty clearly 7 cases of obstruction where he practically convinces the reader of it being obstruction, two cases where he spells it out as possible but the reader does not get the feeling that Mueller believes that there is a case, and one that is kind of a nothingburger and probably would never bring charges but none the less obstruction could have happened. I am OK with Schiff and his pals continuing the investigation, because quite simply, it is worth the time and effort. We clearly lived in a different time apparently during Watergate and Lewinskigate haha.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2019, 06:18:19 PM »

I'm not sure what Schiff or Russia has to do with Trump's Tweet on tarriffs?

I'm not even attacking tarriffs. I don't love the trade war idea but as I've said I can at least respect it as a means to an ends with a chance of success (a small chance, but a chance). I'm just waiting for someone to defend what their president said, because literally if anyone on the left makes the exact same statement the right wing and their media is all over this.  As much as I claim malevolence from Trump and his administration, much of what he says policy wise has me thinking ignorance instead (which is to be expected from someone who never held public office, was not a good businessman, etc) Actually, the mainstream left has underreported this statement as well. CNN yesterday for instance was more focused on the falling value of Trump Tower because of the increasing number of vacancies in the building. Hard hitting reporting going on over there as well haha...

They have nothing to do with each other. I'm just making the point that I don't stand behind every single tweet or word Trump says but when I asked you to defend Schiff's statements on having proof of Collusion and you said you had no problems with Schiff.

I have read the Mueller report also and I feel if there is a case for obstruction, then bring Mueller in and let the Democrats start a case for it but they are not because they know this whole investigation was a sham from the beginning. Comey and the FBI abused their power and lied to get warrants, Brennan leaked that BS dossier and they don't want all this to come out because IMO, this goes all the way up to Obama. I also believe the Democrats don't want Mueller to testify is because if it is found out that Mueller knew there was no collusion from the beginning and kept the investigation going, their obstruction cases will be DOA also.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2019, 10:42:24 AM »

YIG, I too had to laugh at the Trump Tower report.  In the midst of that piece of mindless reporting, the anchor gave what was probably the correct reason occupancy is down compared to other similar buildings.  People don't want the hassle of taking forever to get in  and out of the building because of all the Secret Service security.  Once Trump leaves office that building's occupancy and value will go right back where it was. 

This kind of worthless fluff being reported by media leaning to either side is just a waste of our time.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2019, 07:59:44 PM »

It's getting better now for the Democratic race. Mayor of New York City Bill DeBlasio is now entering the presidential race. 76% of New York Democrats say he shouldn't run. Even the New York Post is laughing at him. Him and Cuomo are absolutely destroying New York but for some reason DeBlasio feels he can run the country? Absolutely laughable. In his announcement speech he actually stated that there is enough money in this country, it is just in the wrong hands! I guess the government knows what to do with our money better than we do.

What a joke

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2019, 11:14:10 PM »

hs, all these Dems are even worse than the 18 Republicans in 2016.  Back then you knew it was going to come down to Trump, Kasich, Bush or Cruz.  The rest didn't matter.  This year the Dems have Biden, Sanders and Warren.  No one else is going to be able to generate national interest.  I swear all these candidates from both parties just do it to get on TV! lol  Biden is probably going to win the Democratic nomination and I think his choice of VP will be critical if he wants to beat Trump.  Look what a bad choice did to McCain.  I was set to vote for McCain in 2008 until he picked Sarah Palin.  I just could not see her being a heartbeat from the presidency and voted for Obama.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2019, 06:25:19 PM »

I think itís 80% likely Biden. 18% likely Sanders. 2 % likely Buttigieg and everybody else 0%.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2019, 10:24:55 PM »

Biden should have run in place of the Mrs. last time. I don't think he can win this time though.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2019, 11:43:58 PM »

Biden should have run in place of the Mrs. last time. I don't think he can win this time though.

Actually, Trump, according to the polls will lose the swing states he won by a hair big time to Biden.  Then again we all know how polls work out a lot of times. LOL

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2019, 11:58:58 PM »

Yeah I think that we all learned not to trust the polls, or take the margin of error seriously at least.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2019, 12:14:43 AM »

If you want to talk about biases, I think the polls are very biased towards the democrats. Rasmussen which has always been dismissed as too conservative is actually the poll worth watching in my mind.

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #209 on: Today at 09:16:11 AM »

The good thing for Trump is he may only need one of those states PA Wisconsin or Michigan. If he cant win one he deserves to lose. The other road to 270 is flipping Nevada and Minnesota something I think could happen. Predicting and assuming Florida stays with Trump

Biden took credit for the economy yesterday  Yet under his leadership It never grew at 3% for a year. And that was out of a recession with the only place to go but up

I say this again Trump took over GDP was 1.7%  People were on Food Stamps(35% increase)  Home ownership declined  I could go on   He and Obama doubled our national debt
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15