PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Forgetting or ignoring history  (Read 1902 times)

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Re: Forgetting or ignoring history
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2019, 09:48:31 AM »

Loved AOC changing her 'accent' when speaking to a black audience...wonder if she brought along a bottle of 'hot sauce' too ala Hillary?

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2019, 10:47:23 AM »

Mayor Pete is a breath of fresh air. A politician who isnít angry will play very well. I think if heís allowed to by the media that he wil steamroll the Democrat primary field.

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2019, 10:57:51 AM »

Canada rep says  Some Democrats are pushing to change the deal Ė an idea that both Canadian and Mexican officials resist.
ďPeople need to be very careful around opening up what could really be a Pandoraís box,Ē Freeland said   

I see Democrats killing the new Nafta  I just cant understand these people  Why not approve it and move on

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2019, 06:13:49 PM »

Because they perceive Trump has unacceptable so any of his ideas are unacceptable.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2019, 07:31:34 PM »

Loved AOC changing her 'accent' when speaking to a black audience...wonder if she brought along a bottle of 'hot sauce' too ala Hillary?

As much as AOC is the left's best version of Trump, I will give her a break on this one. Keeping in mind that my degree is in communications, this is something that happens whether intentionally or subconsciously. If you study a Kennedy for instance, their voices never really changed from the thick Boston accent, but if you study someone like Bill Clinton for instance he soundes more and more northern the closer he got to the Presidency, but could revert to good old boy when he was speaking back home.

I myself find myself victim to this. Ohioans sound different than Pittsburghers and Pennsylvaninians. For one you PAers talk faster so I have slowed my speech some. Second, when I moved to Ohio I felt like they sounded like Canadians haha. Long story short, 12 years later. I find myself whether consciously or subconsciously pronouncing"hot dog" differently from you guys, or even the word "Ohio", as well as a different pronunciation of Ts within a word (i.e Titans...here we pronounce both Ts...you guys generally don't). One neighboring town where corworkes and customers live is North Royalton. I now pronounce it "Royal-ton" vs 12 years ago and even today if not thinking about it "Royalten."

Ironically even CNN and Inthink MSNBC attacked her some for this. The right wingers were worse but still. I can actually empathize with her. If trying to adapt to my audience is being a fake, then I was a fake long before AOC.

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2019, 08:35:51 PM »

BTRACK  Trumps a billionaire. This stuff wont hurt him  It hurts the American people.   Democrats fight among themselves. Check it out   

House Democrats were forced to skip a vote on federal spending levels in the face of opposition from progressive and centrist lawmakers, throwing a wrench in their efforts to craft an opening negotiating position with Republicans ahead of a fall deadline

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2019, 09:57:22 PM »

I donít disagree. I think itís political. They can be seen in a light of agreeing with Trump if they admit his trade deals work, which they do, but they leave themselves vulnerable to the uneducated electorate who will primary any democrat who says they agree with Trump on anything.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2019, 09:46:42 AM »

I just wish the  Democratic members of Congress would put as much effort and passion into trying to solve our problems as they are devoting to worrying about tax returns and anything else they can come up with against the President. They have a large group of unqualified people announcing they are going to run for President in 2020, instead of finding some candidate that could possibly win. The media is obsessed with the words of just two women in Congress that are not  representative of the majority of people in the USA, but only of the small group of voters that elected them from their off center districts. When you hear or read these women's words, why is it surprising that they elicit strong nationalist comments to counter their anti American stances?

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2019, 03:47:33 PM »

Sure, but even Pelosi herself said that these "handful" of individuals are not representative of their party. This is much more of a media problem overcovering the likes of AOC etc.

Granted, a party can be changed by one person (the party of Trump is nowhere near the Republican party of Romney just a few years ago) but judging by the amount of attention that Buttigieg is getting and the fact that Biden is still a front runner tells a different story than the media wants you to believe.

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2019, 10:36:50 AM »

Coach  Amen   Do you think Democrats can put up a candidate to beat Trump  I sure have my doubts.  He will enter the race very strong. No Collusion  I mean he will campaign(I think)  on a strong growing economy, low unemployment, and most likely trade deals with China and Japan. Financial markets at all time highs ETC   I would think these are the things Americans want

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2019, 07:04:42 PM »

I may be wrong...but I don't think so, but I don't think the vast majority of Americans care anything about Mueller or his report..despite having it shoved down our throats by the media every day for a year or more.  I am so disappointed in what I see daily going on in Congress. What ever happened to the concept of the 'loyal opposition'?  You lose the election and accept the results and then work to make the government function. The idea of screaming from day one about impeachment is keeping the government from handling the real problems and hindering the leadership of the President. We are doing to ourselves what the Russians could never do.  I am so afraid of what lay ahead for the USA.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2019, 07:12:57 AM »

I agree that the Mueller Report is not the subject of conversation for struggling Americans. Absolutely agree. Even for comparable reports, it's not as sexy to the public as JFK's assanation, Watergate, or Clinton/Lewinski.

With that said it isn't as if all Americans are burying their heads in the sand over a report that is damning (they can and most likely will go after him for obstruction of justice, and clearly the Russians had a horse in the race and the Trump team welcomed the help, but there is not written letter from Trump to Putin saying "let's collude" lol.) It's just that for one with a Republican Senate he is not going to be removed from office (as has been said before, he could shoot someone on the street on camera and his followers would not abandon him) and there is only 18 months until the next Presidential election anyways. And 2 there are more important things to voters (Health Care, Immigration, Infrastructure, stagnation in wages and underemployment, etc). I liken it to foreign policy to some extent..while it is important and necessary, the American people will look past a week foreign policy (i.e. Trump's) if the economy is good, and will overlook and underappreciate a good foreign policy (Nixon, Bush I) if the economy is bad or worsening.

What is interesting to me is seeing how Dems react. You have the Corey Bookers of the world "going after" Trump. You also have the Betos and Gillebrands of the world who basically just said what I did (there are more important things).

I will say where you are wrong, though, is asking the opposition to bend over and take it and help the President govern. Compromise takes many to achieve. Allowing wasteful spending on a boarder wall and cruelty towards those who depend on Medicade and certain aspects of the ACA is not doing the right thing for ones constituents (unless that is what said constituents want). Not to mention that Trump is still not focusing on one easy compromise (infrastructure). I would like to see compromise where it can happen, but it takes the POTUS putting forth better ideas than military gender issues and speech rights on college campuses as well as the left not grandstanding on unappealing issues such as reparations for us to achieve this.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:17:01 AM by yannessa_is_god »

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2019, 09:31:37 AM »

It all goes back to a portion of the left believes Trump to be a racist and they simply have no interest in doing anything with him for that reason. Itís not rocket science. When you have no respect for somebody as a person, you wonít work with that person. So itís not that they donít want to work with him or theyíd rather accomplish other things, they CANNOT work with him based on their own principles.

Iím not saying this is the right approach but it is reality. In America today we try to find something offensive and then we try to alienate whatever that perceived offense is. Happens everywhere. We are just seeing it on the big stage with the president.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2019, 09:41:50 AM »

Also, donít think the republicans are immune to this. They essentially refused to work with Obama in much the same way. We are now offended by anything we disagree with. Until that changes donít expect anything to be accomplished.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2019, 10:54:19 AM »

These ELECTED officials do not work for Trump.....they work for US!  They need to start working for US and stop all the petty shit. If nothing else comes of this, the people have to elect better people and get rid of the others..from local politics on up.  Too many lifetime Congressmen who NEVER worked at any other job (e.g. Bernie Sanders) thinking they know what is right.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12