PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: PIAA Semifinals notes  (Read 780 times)

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Re: PIAA Semifinals notes
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2018, 10:18:02 AM »

BF, I was just reading the predictions on the game and they look about right.  Depending on the writer, Quips are favored by 7-14 points and looking at a 28-14 or 28-21 game.  Biggest problem Middletown will have according to the writers and I agree, is not stopping the run, even if the Quips stud back returns from suspension.  It's the fact the Quips QB is so mobile and just whips the ball all over the field.  The two teams that burned the Raiders D were McDevitt and Steel-High and both had QB's like this one.  The year I wanted to really play the Quips was the year your Tigers won two years ago.  The Quips were completely one dimensional that year and Middletown would have matched up much better.  Then, if you semi-controlled the Fisher boys, you could run on them and on D you just funneled everything away.

Anyway, good luck and good health to both teams and hopefully we'll have a fun competitive game.  The other game I think really has the potential to be a barn burner is 5A.  Both Manheim Central and Penn Hills have only been challenged once or twice all season.  After Penn Hills handled Wood, I'd hate to bet against them but Manheim Central is not new to this stage either and the same coaching staff has been here for 40 years.  Only difference is the head coach retired and they promoted is assistant, who promptly turned around and hired the old head coach as his offensive coordinator. ;D

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]