PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: New Years Eve / New Years Day  (Read 265 times)

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
New Years Eve / New Years Day
« on: November 22, 2018, 10:57:39 AM »

With HS mentioning in the Thanksgiving thread about making a TurDucken on New Years Eve , it got me in the spirit to get all the holiday threads rolling.  Can't wait to get his post-NYE report on how it tastes.

My wife and I make a honey baked spiral ham in the late afternoon and pick at slices all night with other appetizers until I bake off a few hot dogs and kraut around 11:15 in small cast iron skillet for Midnight.  And of course, bubbly champagne or cava is pouring all night mixed into Bellinis and Kir Royales.

NYD is pork, hot dogs, kraut, kielbasa and mashed potatoes at my parents while watching Bowl Games all day and visiting with aunts/uncles/cousins.
"there is a light that never goes out"

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: New Years Eve / New Years Day
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 07:59:49 PM »

I'll be able to give you a report earlier than New Years eve as I just got called to work New Years Eve so we are going to have a "pre Christmas" turducken probably the week before Christmas. I got a 15 pound Turducken stuffed with Cajun sage stuffing and I also got a pork loin stuffed with shrimp, Andouille sausage and peeper jack cheese. And since my smoked turkey came out so good for Thanksgiving, I am going to smoke the Turducken also.

My mouth is watering all over the keyboard typing this!   

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 10:21:21 PM »

Good lord that turducken and pork loin sound good.  One stuffed with Cajun sage stuffing, and the other stuffed with shrimp, andouille and cheese.  Wow. 

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 06:40:58 AM »

Good lord that turducken and pork loin sound good.  One stuffed with Cajun sage stuffing, and the other stuffed with shrimp, andouille and cheese.  Wow.

I gotta let you know the turducken and pork loin were to die for. They were so good! I've never had a pork loin that tasted better. Definitely a nice splurge once a year

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 09:52:49 AM »

Honeybaked ham and the trimmings. I work both NYE and NYD so the ham that requires zero cooking seems ideal.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 03:55:14 PM »

I gotta let you know the turducken and pork loin were to die for. They were so good! I've never had a pork loin that tasted better. Definitely a nice splurge once a year

Did you order both online?  Did they arrive frozen?  Or did you order from a local distributor/perveyor where you live?  Both sound amazing. 

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 08:17:56 PM »

I ordered them online from a company in New Orleans called cajungrocer.com and they come frozen in one of those white styrofoam boxes like Omaha Steaks. Iíve gotten my turduckens from them for several years now and this year I tried that pork loin and it was fabulous. If you order from them once they will email you coupons all the time

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 11:11:03 PM »

Honeybaked ham and the trimmings. I work both NYE and NYD so the ham that requires zero cooking seems ideal.

I love spiral hams!  Make a little glaze from brown sugar, honey and a splash of your fav whiskey/bourbon to brush on top and your set.  Makes for great sandwiches with those little potato roll slider buns or the sweet Hawaiian slider rolls. 

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 04:23:27 PM »

So with New Years Eve/Day being on a Mon/Tue means you have a full weekend heading into the holiday. 

Tomorrow, Saturday, my bro/sis in-law are having a party with kraut, pork and hot dogs for the bowl games and CFB Semi-Finals. 

Then we're making some Italian "Sunday Sauce" on Sunday with cheese filled manicotti for the Steelers game. 

Got the spiral ham, wine, and some apps for New Years Eve already.  There are 5 college football bowl games, a Pens hockey game, and all sorts of NYE specials all over cable TV that night.  So it'll be a quiet night at home watching everything until the big ball in NYC drops. 

Have the kraut, dogs and kielbasa already for New Years Day at my parents house.  Picking up pork tenderloins tomorrow!

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 08:17:12 PM »

If you have verizon...you might not see any of those  games.