PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: New Years Eve / New Years Day  (Read 57 times)

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
New Years Eve / New Years Day
« on: November 22, 2018, 10:57:39 AM »

With HS mentioning in the Thanksgiving thread about making a TurDucken on New Years Eve , it got me in the spirit to get all the holiday threads rolling.  Can't wait to get his post-NYE report on how it tastes.

My wife and I make a honey baked spiral ham in the late afternoon and pick at slices all night with other appetizers until I bake off a few hot dogs and kraut around 11:15 in small cast iron skillet for Midnight.  And of course, bubbly champagne or cava is pouring all night mixed into Bellinis and Kir Royales.

NYD is pork, hot dogs, kraut, kielbasa and mashed potatoes at my parents while watching Bowl Games all day and visiting with aunts/uncles/cousins.
"there is a light that never goes out"

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: New Years Eve / New Years Day
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 07:59:49 PM »

I'll be able to give you a report earlier than New Years eve as I just got called to work New Years Eve so we are going to have a "pre Christmas" turducken probably the week before Christmas. I got a 15 pound Turducken stuffed with Cajun sage stuffing and I also got a pork loin stuffed with shrimp, Andouille sausage and peeper jack cheese. And since my smoked turkey came out so good for Thanksgiving, I am going to smoke the Turducken also.

My mouth is watering all over the keyboard typing this!   

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
Re: New Years Eve / New Years Day
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 10:21:21 PM »

Good lord that turducken and pork loin sound good.  One stuffed with Cajun sage stuffing, and the other stuffed with shrimp, andouille and cheese.  Wow. 
"there is a light that never goes out"