PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 2019 NCAA March Madness  (Read 570 times)

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
Re: 2019 NCAA March Madness
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2019, 06:57:03 AM »

CIT QTR FINALS

Marshall over Presbyterian
Hampton over NJIT
Texas Southern over UL Monroe
CSU Bakersfield vs UW Green Bay (Fri March 29)
"there is a light that never goes out"

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2019, 09:45:18 PM »

North Carolina gets embarrassed for the second straight year with really a pathetic effort.

Auburn played well but they just outworked them the entire game. Just as Texas A&M did last March. I think Roy Williams should be tired honestly.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2019, 08:01:20 AM »

Another number 1 falls (to Texas Tech). The Red Raiders are heading to the Final Four for the first time ever.

Virginia, infamous for their 16/1 loss only a year ago, avemges themselves big time by heading to the Final Four themselves. Congrats to them on their first Final Four since 1984.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2019, 09:15:46 AM »

Those were two really well played games.

Thought Virginia showed a lot of resolve. Not often do they get sped up but Purdue had them playing uncharacteristically quick. Also Purdue was shooting so well the normally conservative Virginia defense was coming over screens to try to force Edwards to get rid of the ball.

Texas Tech was just too long for Gonzaga. I think this Owens on Tech could give Zion a difficult time in the final four.

Today I like Kentucky to grind one out over auburn. Auburn took advantage of a lazy UNC team who pretty much allowed them to dictate the game in its entirety. Kentucky wonít be so generous.

And I like Duke by a lot of Michigan State. Feel as though Duke has been going through the motions and are sitting on a big game. Michigan State hasnít had a poor offensive game in awhile. Theyíre overdue for one of those 30% shooting nights they tends to have a couple of every season.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2019, 11:16:19 AM »

Agreed on literally everything that you said BT.

Virginia should be proud of their work. I have always likened them to Howland/Dixon Pitt and Webber era Wisconsin...great defense means regular season success bit lack of shooting and/or speed and offense dooms their tournament chances. However, last night Purdue dictated the play and VA responded. Their end of regulation heroics was one of the better plays that I have seen executed as well (an intentional miss on a foul shot almost working TOO well that the ball was sent back over half court then the Cavs regrouping effeciently and barely getting a touch 2 pointer off). That entire play was just a show of absolute brilliance by the players involved.

With all of that said the one poll that I have a chance on I did pick VA to win it all (to be relatively contrarian). Long story short I have Texas Tech beating Duke next weekend to get to the finals so if that happens I believe that I win the entire poll regardless of what happens in the Final game.

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
  • That's why they actually PLAY the games....
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2019, 12:31:20 PM »

The UVA/Purdue game might be one of the worst officiated games in the tournament for the past several years.  It was awful both ways.

Here's hoping those three are done for this year's Madness...

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2019, 12:45:02 PM »

Donít be surprised if Duke comes out in a zone today. Michigan State doesnít have a zone offense other than shooting 3 pointers and trying to overwhelm the offensive boards to get their opponent back into man. Think that will be the most interesting aspect today.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2019, 08:25:44 PM »

Final 4 Set

2 Michigan State
3 Texas Tech

1 Virginia
5 Auburn
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1788-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2019, 10:33:16 PM »

This feels like a wide open Final Four actually!

Michigan State reminded everyone today that a Tom Izzo coached team can beat anyone at any given time, so of course they have a shot. Virginia is probably the best team left on paper. Texas Tech is very well coached and plays excellent defense. And Auburn just seems hungry and gritty but are probably the worst of the four teams remaining.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2019, 11:03:59 PM »

Both games should be a lot of fun.  I'm really looking forward to Michigan State-Texas Tech.  That is going to be one lock down, physical game.  I wouldn't be surprised if the score stays in the 50's.  Nice to see some new blood in the final 4 as well.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2019, 07:35:51 AM »

Well I was dead wrong yesterday!
Auburn wants it. Iíll go with them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]