PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Midterms 2018  (Read 193 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: Midterms 2018
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 11:23:39 PM »

Seems like it will be Pelosi and reports out that the Dem controlled House will ask the IRS for Trumpís Tax returns.  They could make life uneasy for him.

It is definitely going to be a fun 2 years coming up!

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 11:51:26 PM »

McCaskill the Democrat has been defeated by Hawley. Another Senate seat held by the democrats lost.

The one I'm watching now is the Senate race in Arizona. Too close to call right now. Both women where the Republican is a combat veteran and the Democrat (Who is very hot IMO. LOL) who is a huge radical and was caught saying some pretty bad things about the people in Arizona. I'm surprised this race is so close

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 09:47:47 PM »

Seems like it will be Pelosi and reports out that the Dem controlled House will ask the IRS for Trumpís Tax returns.  They could make life uneasy for him.

What has that got to do with running the country? Dems doing more to bring down the country than Russians ever hoped to do.  Be adults and work together.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 06:51:41 AM »

What has that got to do with running the country? Dems doing more to bring down the country than Russians ever hoped to do.  Be adults and work together.

To answer your question, it doesn't immediately, but if he colluded with Russia or another foreign entity, then he shouldn't be running the country. Trump maybe struck first yesterday with the forced resignation of Sessions though. We may have the "Saturday Night Massacre 2018" before the new Congress is sworn in.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 10:48:36 AM »

YIG, Trump and his new AG lackey better look back at history before they go too far.  Keep in mind in 2 years another 33 Senate seats are up for grabs and the Democrats will probably control both the house and senate as in 2 years, 21 of those seats that come up are Republican.  If things shake out Trump and/or the AG could be on the hook for obstruction charges then and end up in jail.(assuming Trump doesn't win a second term and pardon himself) 

Trump was really patting himself on the back yesterday and didn't realize how damaging this election was and what it meant.  Of course the GOP was going to gain a few Senate seats.  out of the 35 seats up for grabs, the majority were Democratic seats, several in red states.  Next election that flips and the large majority of seats open will be GOP seats.  It appears the Dems have figured out what it takes to win and really are building momentum.  Now if they keep their eye on the ball and put some meaningful legislation together in the House on immigration reform, infrastructure, healthcare, etc. and it gets shot down in the Senate and/or Trump veto's it, that will only help them in two years. 

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 07:29:51 PM »

Has anybody else been following the garbage that is going on in Florida? Apparently Broward and Palm Beach county is screwing with the election that was called for Gov Rick Scott for senator. The county official in Broward Brenda Snipes said she "found" over 80,000 ballots that were not counted. Rick Scott filed a lawsuit and won so now Snipes had to open up the voting registers by 7:00 PM tonight and she has not done it yet. The thing that makes this all fishy is that this same person was caught burning election ballots back in 2016 to favor Debbi Wasserman Schultz. How she is still in the job is beyond me

Why is it so hard to pass a voter ID law in this country? How hard is it to show some form of a picture ID when you go vote? 

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 08:05:54 PM »

hs, those two counties have a history of this.  Someone needs to sit on them.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 09:04:52 PM »

hs, those two counties have a history of this.  Someone needs to sit on them.

I just don't understand how these 2 counties constantly get away with this. Apparently, Florida law is counties are supposed to turn in their voter logs 30 minutes after the election is over but these 2 counties did not and all of a sudden they keep finding ballots that were not counted. How can you not say that this stinks and somebody is trying to rig an election! Election night Florida says 643,000 votes were casted and Rick Scott won but 1 day later these 2 counties are saying they found more votes that were not counted and now there are 707,000 votes! This is crazy

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2018, 10:21:51 PM »

I have not had much of a chance to read about the Florida mess until today but yes what a mess.

Instead of complaining about "rigged" elections I would love to see some kind of action towards standardizing of elections/equipment/counting processes, especially because we now have an almost identical doppelganger situation to this one. Between the outright suppression of the vote going on in Georgia to the deja vu in Florida, this is getting old.

The only good is that things were close enough for an automatic recount in FL almost regardless of these last two or three days.

Regarding standardizing of equipment, Ohio uses paper ballots as well. Arguably the two most important states in Presidential elections, FL and OH, have backwards voting processes. And then look at California and Arizona, where they are still counting votes! This is 2018!!! I can check the weather in Hong Kong, wager on the lottery, check my horscopes, read the current Monroeville news, buy and sell stocks, order a new car, and run a multi million dollar business from my phone...but two tech hot spots CA and AZ can't count votes effeciently!!! Just annoying.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2018, 10:50:13 PM »

I have not had much of a chance to read about the Florida mess until today but yes what a mess.

Instead of complaining about "rigged" elections I would love to see some kind of action towards standardizing of elections/equipment/counting processes, especially because we now have an almost identical doppelganger situation to this one. Between the outright suppression of the vote going on in Georgia to the deja vu in Florida, this is getting old.

The only good is that things were close enough for an automatic recount in FL almost regardless of these last two or three days.

Regarding standardizing of equipment, Ohio uses paper ballots as well. Arguably the two most important states in Presidential elections, FL and OH, have backwards voting processes. And then look at California and Arizona, where they are still counting votes! This is 2018!!! I can check the weather in Hong Kong, wager on the lottery, check my horscopes, read the current Monroeville news, buy and sell stocks, order a new car, and run a multi million dollar business from my phone...but two tech hot spots CA and AZ can't count votes effeciently!!! Just annoying.

We can definitely agree on these two points. In Florida in Broward county, they are literally "finding" thousands of uncounted ballots in broom closets! How the hell does stuff like this happen. Stuff like this just fuels conspiracy theories that elections might be rigged.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2018, 07:37:53 AM »

Yes hs,

While we are clearly on different sides of the aisle, by airing my other grievances I am in no way trivializing what is going in in Florida, especially if Snipes is a crook of some kind. If she is inept, enough is enough. If she is crooked, she should go to jail. Free elections are the purest form of our Democracy.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2018, 02:39:25 PM »

Yes hs,

While we are clearly on different sides of the aisle, by airing my other grievances I am in no way trivializing what is going in in Florida, especially if Snipes is a crook of some kind. If she is inept, enough is enough. If she is crooked, she should go to jail. Free elections are the purest form of our Democracy.

Did you hear about what she did before? She was actually caught destroying ballots back in 2014 to favor Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Destroying ballots! There is also a rule in Florida that if a ballot comes in damaged they can redo the ballot but they have to have several people there in the room to witness it. She was also caught redoing ballots by herself in a room. How does this stuff happen and the bigger question is how does she still have a job???

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2018, 08:34:41 PM »

Donít think kids arenít soaking this in. One day when they are in charge they may see elections as pointless.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2018, 06:13:13 AM »

It became official last night as Kyrsten Sinema wins the Arizona Senate race over Mcsally. Sinema a Democrat, will flip this state blue as she takes over for Republican Jeff Flake even though with McCain and Flake it wasn't that Red to begin with

Funny thing is that McSally may still become the other Senator in Az as Jon Kyl, who took over for Jon McCain said he would only stay until January 3rd and that would mean governor Ducey would be able to select another Senator that would be up for re election in 2020.   

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2018, 09:04:42 AM »

Seeing a Democrat actually win in AZ makes that state kind of interesting in 2020. Hillary only lost to Trump by 4 percent there in 2016.
Pages: 1 [2] 3