PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Turkey Time  (Read 94 times)

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Turkey Time
« on: October 22, 2018, 11:23:53 AM »

It is about time to start talking turkey. How are you preparing yours this year? Side dishes, etc.

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: Turkey Time
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 08:03:57 AM »

I will do a deep fried turkey with a Cajun injection also and will also do a smoked turkey this year. Did a test run on a smoked turkey earlier after buying my smoker and it came out really good. Typical sides and desserts for me also. Green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing and we do a mashed rutabaga instead of sweet potatoes. Desserts are your typical apple, pumpkin, coconut cream and key lime pies.

Question for everybody is: who puts their Christmas decorations up for Thanksgiving or do you wait until after? My Christmas decorations are up and ready to go on Thanksgiving. People usually complain that is way too early but I never saw the point in Thanksgiving decorations and I always liked having the Christmas tree and decorations up when people came over for Thanksgiving 

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 08:06:48 PM »

My favorite day of the year! Family, yummy food, and football!

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 08:53:13 PM »

Colorado State and Air Force are playing a special game at 3:30 PM on Thanksgiving Day.  And of course, Miss State and Ole Miss play their traditional Turkey Night game.  And there will also be the usual NFL games at 12:30 and 4:30 and 8:30. 

And then there are 15 (FIFTEEN!!!!!) college games on Black Friday, including Oklahoma vs WVU.

Followed by a full slate of college games on Saturday and NFL games on Sunday.

What a weekend of food and football!
"there is a light that never goes out"

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 09:03:30 PM »

I miss the Pitt/Penn State game on Black Friday.....The WPIAL Championships on Saturday after and I would love to see the Detroit and Chicago game played outdoors on grass again on Thanksgiving Day. (heck, they play hockey outdoors now on special days)

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 11:33:37 PM »

I will do a deep fried turkey with a Cajun injection also and will also do a smoked turkey this year

No turducken?  ;D
"there is a light that never goes out"

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 07:45:28 AM »

I will do a deep fried turkey with a Cajun injection also and will also do a smoked turkey this year

No turducken?  ;D

Nope. no Turducken for Thanksgiving this year but I'm thinking of doing one for New Years Eve to change things up a little bit. Smoking a turkey this year will be my new thing for turkey this year.